Search results

1. L

Mod House Argon mk3 in the house, after over 3 years of yearning and they're fantastic!

Did you ever take any photos of the inside of the cup? i.e. with the cotton wool removed? I wish I could see the back of the driver to see if it's stock and the inside of the cup. I have T60 argons and the baffle looks the same as this, except there is an additional layer of shaped felt around...
  2. L

SMSL DO400 Fully Balanced Audio Decoder & Headphone Amplifier

This is a really stupid question, but does the Do400's bluetooth only take bluetooth as an input? Does it do bluetooth as an output? I can get it to detect my phone as the player, but not to connect to any bluetooth headphones. A, I being a moron? Thanks,
  3. L

Streamers + local flac confused about solution

Thanks for all responses. Will read and reply later. Cooking Xmas lunch now! Cheers.
  4. L

Good point! I have a Fiio M11s as the DAP running Android 10 sometimes connected to an Smsl Do400 dac/amp, going to Fostex T60rp/Phillips shp9500. Also my PC is connected to the smsl via USB as the main source. I would like to play my flacs from the dap sd card, along with a streaming from I...
  5. L

Thank you. It's an android dap so sounds like it should work. Will investigate.
  6. L

Thanks. I don't want to use Spotify any more though. I a-b tested my old Cds compared to Spotify and was pretty surprised at how much better the cds sounded. Hoping to make the most of my new kit with better quality files.
  7. L

Thanks I will take a look at that. Will this also work on my dap do you know or is it strictly desktop only? Thanks!
  8. L

I didn't think of amazon music. Thanks. Is the quality as good as tidal. I think it does cd quality right? Do you know of the android app will do the same or only desktop? Thanks.
  9. L

I did think about that but I don't really want to spend another £150 right now when I've just bought the a £400 dap and a £400 dac/amp. If I can't find a workaround I may get the WiiM. I did look at the mini one but the review I saw showed the sound was too compromised even with an off board...
  10. L

Thanks that's useful I'll take a look.
  11. L

Sorry double post.
  12. L

Hi. Having used Spotify for years and missing my old cd collection (plus the poor quality of Spotify) , I've bought a fiio dap and have been ripping my hundreds of 1990s to mid 00's cds to flac. I planned to store these on the dap sdcard for mobile playing, and to store them on my newish qnap...
  13. L

Thanks. I actually found the do400 on sale for only £15 more than the d40 pro so I sent the d40 back and ordered the do400. I think the loxjie looks cooler and more retro but the do400 was the better deal. Can I ask you about the PCM filters please? Are these worth using? I saw a reviewer to use...
  14. L

Can someone please tell me, if I were to connect this device to a dap via Bluetooth, and play a lossless flac file from the sd card or streamed from a media server, would the playback of the file on the dac be identical to being connected via coaxial cable? I.e. Is the Bluetooth transmission of...
  15. L

Loxjie D40 Pro DAC & HP Amp Review

Can someone please tell me, if I were to connect this device to a dap via Bluetooth, and play a lossless flac file from the sd card or streamed from a media server, would the playback of the file on the dac be identical to being connected via coaxial cable? I.e. Is the Bluetooth transmission of...
  16. L

I wanted to know for future proofing as I have some active speakers that I future I will maybe replace and add a proper power amp to pair with the loxjie. I was asking about the pre amp as I heard that some amp/dacs are not powerful enough to act as a proper preamp with a real power amplifier...
  17. L

Thanks a lot. I visited my dad this weekend and found he had a mint condition quad 405 power amp. I remember it from being a kid but didn't know what it was. I was wondering if it could pair with the loxjie!
  18. L

Sorry I still dont understand. Can you please just say yes it can act as a preamp, or no it can't. Thank you.
  19. L

Thank you for this information. You are right it was the capacitors of different brands not the op amps. Does different capacitors make any practical difference? Also could you tell me please I read that the do400 can act as a preamp and the d40 pro can't. Is that true? I am very new to all this...
Top Bottom