Search results

1. M

Looking for in wall surround speaker recommendations <$600/pair

I’ve been working on creating a balance in our basement media room between audio performance and kid friendly/space maximization. My front stage has always been my priority and is Audio Physic Classic 30s and Classic Center. I’d like to replace my current KEF Q150s with sone in walls, placement...
  2. M

Dirac Live standalone for PC and Mac

Thanks, right now I very annoyingly need IT to install the DIRAC piece on my computer since it's a work computer, but once they do that hopefully it'll work
  3. M

Ok thanks, that all makes sense. I have a desktop setup I'm eager to try DIRAC on. I need to be able to allow all sounds though though since it's my work computer and I don't want to be switching things between meetings and listening.
  4. M

When you say ear popping is that because the volume isn't controlled for some reason?
  5. M

Topping E30II + Aiyana A07 vs Loxjie A30 for desktop system?

I’ve been agonizing over the optimization of my office. I finally have the speakers locked in with a brand new pair of Q Acoustic 5020. I’m running a Loxjie A30 right now but still in the return window. Would I be better off running a Topping E30II and Aiyima A07 or am I overthinking this?
  6. M

New Topping PA5 MKII in the works

I asked a question about a comment where they had posted on Reddit. They are extending warranties of existing and a mkii is in the works.
  7. M

New SMSL A300 BTL Class-d Power Amp

what's your source that's running Dirac?
  8. M

interesting. I def have some modes in my room causing issues so your measurement looks much cleaner. 100 would make way more sense than 50 as well. I've currently got an Loxjie A30 and the SMSL A300 and trying to decide which one to return. I hate the menu system of the SMSL but you don't need...
  9. M

Hmmm when I google the manual it says 50 for HPF
  10. M

Help with 100-130hz null on desktop system

So I just did that, thanks for suggestion, i do hear a volume difference at 100-110 for sure but it's not the end of the world and in listening sounds great overall.
  11. M

I thought I'd add in some measurements looking at the HPF performance. I'm honesty a bit perplexed by why they've chosen 50hz as the mark here. Speakers are Q acoustic 5020. Still working out more placement but I do find the choice of 50 vs say 80 very odd.
  12. M

Thanks for the insight. I ended up ordering a pair of Q acoustic 3020 speakers and they sound/measure even better. Same null but as you noted I'm not sure it really matters. Plugging the left port in the corner def helps balance the bass response. I I have a pair for Q acoustic 5020s coming...
  13. M

Yeah maybe I’m overthinking the null.
  14. M

Yeah I’m gonna test grabbing one of the subs from my media room to see.
  15. M

It’s def the room, tried 3 pairs of speakers and the shifts at different distances and I recently learned about the REW room sim and it predicted tgecsane thing. I do have a sub from my media room setup I’m going to test as tgat sane sim points to that being a solution
  16. M

Loxjie A30 Alternative with subwoofer crossover?

I picked up an A30 recently to test and while impressive I have a 100hz null from my speakers that I can't fix with EQ or speaker placement so looking at testing adding a sub. While the A30 has a sub out, the challenge I see is that it doesn't have crossovers built in to filter bass frequencies...
  17. M

I've been trying to optimize a system on my desktop. I had a pair of Kanto YU6 speakers, ran REW and no matter where I seemed to place them, albeit limited and less than optimal options. I had a notable null. Just to see I put a pair of KEF Q150s I had in the same spots and same null so it's...
Top Bottom