Search results

1. S

Personal experiences with small ~4" desktop speakers and subs?

It's pretty hard to compare. The KH750 setup is better sounding to me (more bass detail primarily), but the environment and what they're optimized for is so different I don't think it means much as a data point. One is near field in a small room, and sounds perfect in like a 2 foot radius...
  2. S

How're the new Ascend Acoustics Luna V2 Mini Monitors?

I actually have a set of 4 Luna V2s and a Luna Duo V2 center I'm planning on putting up for sale soon, if interested. I was pretty happy with them (with sub), I just ended up going full Neumann to get rid of the amp and simplify room correction.
  3. S

7Hz Salnotes Zero IEM Review

Figured these were too cheap to not try, and wow they do sound great! Nice fit too, and I have ears that don't fit a lot of IEMs well.
  4. S

I measured 10 subwoofers.

I have 2 SVS 3000 micros in my living room (only way I could get subs accepted there due to WAF), and have been really pleased with them. I never come close to HT level volumes though, so I guess it comes down to use case. The setup seems to work really well with dynamic EQ at lower volumes...
  5. S

Small room reality, or can I do better?

Thanks, that makes sense. I've tried like 20 more positions, and I mostly just end up moving problems around, so I think I'm going try to be happy with this (it does sound good to me), and try some treatments eventually. I do like the sub better between the mains too. It's still really boomy...
  6. S

I guess my main is question is about the smoothing. I was under the impression that I should pay more attention to var smoothing for the bass region. Is that only for EQ'ing though? As in psychoacoustic is too smoothed to accurately know what to EQ, but it's still fairly representative, even...
  7. S

Yeah, definitely will. I had it off the side next to R at first, and I could tell it was there just through floor vibrations and such. It sounded better to me centered even though the measurements weren't much different. It might be ok with it even further away off to the side, but I didn't...
  8. S

That definitely looks worth trying! Ugh, going to need to order some longer cables.
  9. S

I'm not opposed to putting up some treatment, but I don't understand what I'm doing enough to have confidence it would help. I keep messing around with the absorption values in REW, but I haven't found anything fairly simple to try. I thought some tuned absorbers in the 70 to 100hz range could...
  10. S

Yes, I should have added that this is post MA1 calibration with some tweaking to my taste. It seems like the MA1 expected and the actual averaged responses are pretty close to me (using psychoacoustic)? Not sure, this is pretty new to me :)
  11. S

Hello all, I've been trying to optimize my new KH750 with my KH80s, and I'm wondering if this is just about the best I can do in my room. I've moved stuff around as much as I can, but it's a little hard with the main cables coming from the sub. I've gotten the best response so far with...
  12. S

Share your in-room measurements?

This is my result with KH80s and a KH750 using MA1. I've tinkered with positioning a lot to try to fix the 80hz dip, and this is the narrowest I've gotten it. It shows on var smoothing but not with psychoacoustic.
  13. S

Personal experiences with small ~4" desktop speakers and subs?

I have a KH80 LCR setup with two SVS 3000 micros (integrated with Audyssey XT32), and I loved it enough to get a stereo KH80 + KH750 + MA1 setup for my office. It finally feels like endgame to me after going through Ascend, KEF, and Elac.
  14. S

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

I don't know, but I have the same issue.
  15. S

KH80 + MA1 how is software config support so far?

Just tried, seemed to work fine. I was able to switch to various MA1 configs and it kept working. Interestingly, I never used auto-standby since it wasn't reliable for me, but looks like it's working perfectly now. Either the firmware update or switching to a MOTU M2 for my interface fixed it.
  16. S

KH80 + MA1 how is software config support so far?

The MA1 app doesn't have the same settings yet, and it doesn't look like the alignment parameters are exposed in any way, other than looking at the pre/post alignment curves. I haven't tried it, but I believe you can still set the timeout in the iPad app and then use MA1, and it won't overwrite it.
  17. S

I don't really get why it would care about what channel is being routed to the speakers though, that's the job of the processor. Why does a particular speaker care if it's receiving LFE vs Mains, surrounds vs mains, etc. Why can't there just be a 'create new multi config' option where you...
  18. S

No crashes here yet on an M1 MacBook running Sonoma. Unfortunate for me the multichannel config option doesn't include a 3.1 option, just quad. I use Neumanns as my LCR.
  19. S

SOLD: MiniDSP DDRC-24 $275

I have a MiniDSP DDRC-24 for sale, $275 shipped within the US. Includes Dirac License, transferred on sale. Lightly used, switched to a fully Neumann setup with MA1.
  20. S

Seems like multichannel MA1 might not be too far off? https://www.neumann.com/en-en/products/monitor-accessories/multichannel-extension-for-ma-1/ Page shows up on google, but I don't see it accessible through the regular site. Wonder how much the upgrade charge will be.
Top Bottom