Search results

1. A

Harman target curve for OE and IE

I meant Harman AE/OE 2018 as referenced in the oratory1990 EQ preset PDFs.
  2. A

Thanks, yes I am aware of this, I am using oratory's presets already. I just would like to have the data that transforms a flat line into the harman curve (the one for over ear headphones) - not the compensation data that is individual for each headphone, and also does not result in exactly the...
  3. A

Hello, does anyone know how I could get hold of parametric EQ data (ideally 16 band) that approximate the Harman Curve (for headphones)?
  4. A

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

I have made a screen capture of the AUNBandEQ bug, and Rogue Amoeba has confirmed it is a bug. They say it is an Apple bug mostly and it would also appear in Garage Band, or any other software. The bug show when you have several presets with e.g. 10 bands, and then disable some bands, save as...
  5. A

Minimum Phase vs Linear Phase

Thank you. The reason I was asking is that I was wondering if there would be an advantage if there were one single plugin by the same company that is capable of "administering" all the desired effects and changes/filters/presets in as few steps as possible, in particular pertaining to the...
  6. A

Minimum Phase vs Linear Phase

(Novice reviving this thread, I hope this resurrection is OK.) Could someone please confirm that it's correct/incorrect that if a hundred different EQs (all 64 bit plugins, minimum phase) are in a chain, with the last EQ undoing the cumulative changes of the previous 99, then the resulting...
  7. A

I'm on Ventura, and I had reverted to 5.6.0 from 5.6.1 because I noticed issues (small hickups in playpack) that disappeared after reverting but might very well have been caused by sth else and not SoundSource, but I don't know what that might have been, but I have never noticed it before...
  8. A

Thank you for testing. I'm on 5.6.0 but have not seen any release note changes that would address this. I have sent a bug report to Rogue Amoeba - I'm confident it will be addressed because I can easily replicated it and do a screen capture (video).
  9. A

Update: I did some more tests and it might have to do with bugs in the handling of saving and saved presets. It might be that restarting SoundSource after each change of settings of presets (saving, altering, deleting) MIGHT "fix" the issue, but not sure. Just a first observation. The bugs are...
  10. A

piercing beats: can they cause damage?

Thank you very much. OT: I had it running in order to do tests with my EQ profiles, and then got lost reading on ASR, "forgetting" to pause it haha. After 20 minutes I got so annoyed by the music I can barely continue the listening tests haha. Some music sounds so-so on first listen, and then...
  11. A

piercing beats: can they cause damage?

I was listening to this track (see below) on repeat for about 20 minutes and noticed my ears were hurting afterwards. I wasn't listening at particularly high volumes; the unEQ-ed headphone is around 3db above harman in the 5000-7000Hz range. It is clearly the higher frequencies, not the bass...
  12. A

Any measurements of Macbook M1 base model's DAC?

I am quoting the friendly person from levelaudio.at who commented on a side remark of mine on apples' system for high impedance: "The impedance detection in the MacBook is just that: only impedance detection, which means that for high impedance headphones, the power is ramped up a bit -...
  13. A

I've been using SoundSource with both the AUNbandEQ plugin and the built-in Headphon EQ plugin. Since only AUNbandEQ visualizes the curve, I've stopped using Headphone EQ, which is also limited in that it cannot be applied to individual apps, last time I checked. (BTW Haedphone EQ has been...
  14. A

Fan-less silent PC

I didn't read the full thread, just stumbled onto it. Wanted to mention that I "solved" the fan issue by getting a MB Air with Parallels Win 11 ARM; audio is within the MacOS environment; I noticed that running audio from Windows may cause occational micro-hickups (check for yourself though)...
  15. A

Help: max. 1000 USD desktop setup for exact listening (song rating)

Thank you very much for this reply - and sorry for being so late to answer. I've decided to go "full headphones", and spend all money probably on HD600s AND in addition perhaps some more expensive Hifimans or so. I think only after this will I look into speakers and see if these will improve on...
  16. A

Goodhertz plugins: some help for beginners

Hello! As a beginner, I'm looking for some feedback on my configuration of Goodhertz plugins, and general setup. Are there any obvious mistakes? Thank you very much for any comments! Some explanations: 1. I haven't yet used Tiltshift and don't plan on using it much. 2. I plan on using Tone...
  17. A

The following questions will be somewhat off-topic (there seems to be not dedicated thread on the above Apple article yet - feel free to open one; perhaps this thread is also suitable: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/macbook-pro-amp-or-external-dac-amp.43962/ ) The...
  18. A

I have a MacBook Air M1 - I'd find interesting a comparison of MB Air M1, vs. MB Pro 2021 and later, vs. MB Air M2 or better (I'm thinking of getting the MB Air 15" when they upgrade it to M3.) I.e. it would be interesting to see if there are any measurable differences between the Pro and Air...
  19. A

Help: max. 1000 USD desktop setup for exact listening (song rating)

Hello! HeadFi forums recommended this forum to me, I was asking for recommendations for desktop speakers there. I was told to take a look at the iLoud MTMs, but I was not quite convinced after doing some "research". I'm using Yamaha HPH-200s at the momemt and I'm happy with them, though I'm...
Top Bottom