Search results

1. G

White Speaker stands for Genelec 8351B and 8341A?

I finally set up the white K&M 26735 stands with the 19780 adapters, and it turned out to be a bit of a disaster. The stands were ok with the 8341a speakers but were very unstable with the 8351B speakers. The weight of the 8351B speakers, combined with the way the adapter places the speaker out...
  2. G

It took one week to get the K&M incline adapters from Germany and the total cost was less than buying them in the U.S. I modified and painted a Monoprice speaker stand to use for the center channel. I unscrewed the threaded inserts, then cut about 4 inches off the wooden supports, drilled a...
  3. G

I think Thomann has a limited territory that excludes the U.S. and Canada. But Thomann has shipped my order for the adapters at no charge to shipgerman so I should get an update in another day or so. I've sold things on eBay where people used a re-shipper so I was familiar with the concept. I...
  4. G

Thomann had the white 19780 in stock today so I ordered them and had them shipped to the re-shipper so I'll have to see how that goes. They should have them in a couple of days and then it's however long it takes to ship to the U.S.
  5. G

How long was shipping from Thomann for you? I didn't mention in my previous comment that the Thomann site says they cannot ship Genelec or K&M to the U.S. I assume there is no such restriction on Canada? The re-shipper could be an easy way around it if they have no problem shipping to the...
  6. G

Yes, I am in the U.S. I am setting this system up for a customer/friend so I am getting a discount on pricing from a local pro audio dealer because it is for resale. I see dealers in the U.S. generally show that the 19780 white is special order with delivery of 1-4 weeks. I don't know how...
  7. G

The K&M stands may be out of the question. I am told 10 weeks lead time for either the white or black adapters, K&M 19780. The top-mounted adapter, 19610, seems to mean a minimum speaker mounting height of 1100mm (43.3"). That is too high from everything I have read. I have a message into K&M to...
  8. G

This is the TV stand stock photo. The actual TV sits within an inch of the wood legs. I picked the stand to allow room for a properly placed center channel. The crossbar is 24.8" above the floor. The Genelec center channel would put the top of the horizontal 8351b at about 18.6" which seems a...
  9. G

I was just looking at the Genelec table stand that might work as a center channel stand.
  10. G

I started this reply earlier but then went to dinner before I posted it. I found this K&M speaker stand 26735 that would work with the same adapters you're using. The base plate is smaller but should be adequate without the need to support the height speakers as well. It looks like it uses the...
  11. G

Thank you. I saw your setup once before but never looked at the text closely. I see now that it is pieced together with different K&M parts. That could work. I will not be doing any height speakers. Those base plates look huge. Looks like they make quite a few different parts so I wonder if they...
  12. G

First post here but hoping to get some feedback from some of the Genelec owners. The Genelec stands are only available in black. I would like to find some white stands for a living room 5.2 setup that will have the 8351B for LCR and 8341A for surrounds. I would prefer white stands but will go...
Top Bottom