Search results

1. J

Cable Burn-In - Myth or Fact?

I'm just trying to pull you forward...
  2. J

Frankly I don't have the equipment, nor can I afford it. I'm not sure Amir is set up to do this as well.
  3. J

Then I should just ignore them all?
  4. J

I get it. You are right. I am only ask you to accept unsolicited customer testimonials, not those from the manufacturer.
  5. J

Thank you for your confidence. You know nothing about me. I do not deny what you hear or not... And yet one of us has four patents. One of us has made the Stereophile Recommended Component Class A List. Twice. One of us got a lasercomm system working at 3.125Gbps, created a hyperspectral...
  6. J

Sometimes you can hear things that are not easily measured. Like the particular loading resistance that one chooses for an MC cartridge...
  7. J

Sorry, I cannot reply to every comment. Is cable burn-in truly absurd? I am not making any claims, but rather posting what customers have been saying. Don't you see the difference? I have no measurements or scientific data 'proving' that this works. I did not invent this. All I have are two...
  8. J

Why do you assume these testimonials are biased? They are real customers who have actually tried it out. What are you afraid of? Is that not evidence? And yes, I am absolutely pretending this pace should be open to discussion. Or am I wrong about that?
  9. J

I must apologize. I didn't realize that. Numbers are the only thing that matters? Look, I didn't invent cable burn in. I just jumped on it, decades later, providing something some folks wanted. That's all. And you know what? I can hear it too. The before / after transition is quite apparent...
  10. J

Please continue. Who else?
  11. J

I'm still the only guy publishing schematics online.
  12. J

Of course they are. Is that the only thing open for discussion here? I'm not sure exactly how to test for haze, clarity, openness, transparency, dynamics, smear, etc. It would be great if we could (similar to distortion and noise). What I have learned is that the human ear / brain is a...
  13. J

I know many of you have been waiting on this opportunity for quite some time, so here it is. Happy New Year! Full Disclosure: I am the guy who sells both the FryBaby3 and FryCorder2 burn-in generators. Anyhow, I recently received a few email testimonials from a customer who was very happy...
  14. J

HumminGuru Ultrasonic vinyl cleaner mini review

I'm happy with mine. It does a reasonable job of getting those grooves clean again. Sometimes I have to run a record through twice. Notably, it made a few copies I have listenable again (for example, an original Breakfast in America). I've only used distilled water, never tried anything more...
  15. J

Schiit Skoll Balanced Phono Stage Review

I am wondering if the left channel (internally) is closer to the AC input rectified to DC section on the circuit board. If so, there may not be much you can do about it. One thing to try - add a grounded metal shield between power supply and input relays. That could possibly reduce coupling.
  16. J

Chinese phono pre-amps?

Thank you for the kind words. Honestly, I'm surprised the MP-7 has hum, as it seems to be a very popular stage.
  17. J

Chinese phono pre-amps?

Chances are good that the hum or buzz you are experiencing may not be coming from the MP-7. Does it go away with TT disconnected from inputs? Does it change when you move the unit around, hopefully farther away from offending magnetic fields? I made this handy video to help resolve such issues:
  18. J

Maintaining a phono preamp over time

That is the sound of a poor electrical connection. Perhaps a broken wire or solder joint, internal cable, or loose RCA jack? Look for something like that. It likely won't be an issue with opamps or capacitors or resistors, especially if the unit has been in service all this time.
  19. J

What's the highest frequency you can hear?

I don't feel so bad after reading how everyone else is doing. ;) Age 63 and I'm good to 12k in both ears. At 13k nada, zilch.
  20. J

Luxman LXV-OT10 Phono Equalizer Amplifier Review and Measurements

Actually it's not quite that good. I should know, I designed the circuit back in 1995 (http://www.hagtech.com/pdf/riaa.pdf). York copied it exactly, calling it their own. Many years ago I did a sweep analysis of accuracy changing capacitors by +/-5% (I was using 2% capacitors and 1% resistors...
Top Bottom