Search results

1. J

New ASR logo proposal

very nice work indeed! to me, the logos are looking a bit too hard/technical in the sense i wouldn't associate them with something audio related. so i would go for the first variation with a simpler approach to the three letters. cheers
  2. J

Buchardt A500 + Wisa Stereo Hub

BUMP New Price: 2500 CHF (approx. 2550 EUR)
  3. J

New Sennheiser HD490 Pro

just received mine – gotta say i am very very pleased with the sound/tuning of these headphones! bought them on pure speculation, after watching the first video from sonicstate, and reading some specs. i had the HD650 for some time, but didn't liked their tuning at all, it was the most boring...
  4. J

New Sennheiser HD490 Pro

i find the video from the sonicstate guy much more interesting, than most of these "audiophile" youtubers. they surely will get their hands on it soon. btw: the HD490 is now available in germany
  5. J

New Sennheiser HD490 Pro

this is a great overview and interview with one of the people who worked on these new headphones. there is also a frequency response comparison to the HD600. spiler: looks like they are have some bass :) i never liked the HD650, they were sounding very boring to me with no sub bass. but...
  6. J

Leave it to the Germans, Abacus Mirra 14

anybody else who has heard these speakers? i like the sound of the kh310, but if these are on par or better sounding, than maybe "the new thing" is a better option. price difference in my country is not huge...
  7. J

Arturia AudioFuse 16Rig

theres a look inside the interface in julians video. ESS and Cirrus, don't remember the exact name of these chips. i will say, that their previous rack interface, the 8pre, sounded fantastic. i used it to track drummaschines and record synths and vocals. and after watching julians video, im...
  8. J

Arturia AudioFuse 16Rig

theres a new (big) interface from arturia with loads of I/O: AudioFuse 16Rig 16 x TRS analog inputs 12 x analog outputs 2 x ADAT in, 2 x ADAT out Wordclock in & out 1 x MIDI in, 2 x MIDI out/thru Low-latency USB-C connection Two internal standalone mixers Color display with rotary control &...
  9. J

comfortable over-ear for producing music

thanks for all the suggestions. i will not use the headphone for mixing or mastering purposes. simply for making/producing music and enjoying it. the headphones don't have to be dead neutral. i need something to wear for long period of time. the DT 900 Pro X is a really great headphone...
  10. J

i think the most important thing with my particular use case is: comfort and fun in production stage, i don't need to make difficult mixing decisions. clearly, i need to be able to make some decisions. the AKG K371 looks interesting, how is the bass response on those cans? i wonder if the...
  11. J

thanks for your inputs. i live in switzerland, so i most likely will have the opportunity to test out some headphones. sometimes i don't even consider certain brands, like denon for example, which i absolutely gonna try if i have the chance. what do you guys think of bose? i never considered...
  12. J

hello i'm in the need of the most comfortable pair of headphones to work on my music, when i cant use my studio-monitors (neighbours). headphone preferences: open or close-back doesnt matter, size also doesnt matter. they "just" need to be comfortable. soundwise: not looking for that really...
  13. J

Buchardt Audio A500 + Wisa Stereo Hub

Price: 2500 CHF (approx. 2500 EUR) Location: Zurich (shipping possible) Condition: Mint, as new – no signs of use, or optical defects. Boxes from non-smoking household. Still full warranty with original packaging. Item description: Active stereo speakers incl. WISA Stereo Hub
  14. J

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

no, you can always add the MA1 later, if you need it.
  15. J

Iloud Precision Monitors

why should they be afraid? besides (us) few nerds on ASR, who cares about the spinorama, people usually go to the store and listen to speakers. and if we are lucky at some point, these will be reviewed here. i also never looked once at their plug-in software, but the speakers are great, try...
  16. J

Iloud Precision Monitors

here a more informative video review from nick (sonicstate): he gives them very high praise, which after listening to the iloud precision mtm, i can fully relate. there is also a more indepth article in the new sound on sound magazine (january). in this magazine, they also review the neumann...
  17. J

i was talking about agreeing, that 36Hz is an incredible amount of bass for a small speaker like the KH 150, not what you like to hear.
  18. J

modern music sure has content below 50 or 40Hz. listening to modern trap music, the kick (booom) from the "roland 808" (released 1980) is present in almost every song. this very machine has been used way earlier by hip hop and dance music pioneers, as well as in pop music by the likes of marvin...
  19. J

Buchardt A500 + Wisa Stereo Hub

Price: 3200 CHF (approx. 3200 EUR) Location: Zurich (shipping possible) Condition: Mint, as new – no signs of use, or optical defects. Boxes from non-smoking household. Still full warranty with original packaging. Item description: Active stereo speakers incl. WISA Stereo Hub
  20. J

Iloud Precision Monitors

didn't have the time to move the speakers into the studio yet, i will post as soon as i can though. ps. there still isn't anything i don't like about the speakers, they're awesome.
Top Bottom