Search results

1. G

SMSL D-6s Balanced DAC Review

Made a test today with my new D6s streaming from Bluesound Node N130 using USB and Tidal. Couldn't get any sound at all if the songs was in the Tidal Max format. The green MQA led lit up on the D6s but no sound. Tidal songs in the non-Max format works. Streaming from my Audiolab 9000N via coax...
  2. G

SMSL SU-X with 2x ES9039MSPRO

Never mind... I just realized it's an headphone amp
  3. G

I have the JDS Atom+ DAC connected to an old Denon RCD M37 and a Wiim Pro (no plus) with Tangent EVO4 speakers as a kitchen stereo and JDS seems like a nice brand. Is the Atom 2 amp any good?
  4. G

Just got my D-6s today and made a quick shootout with my Audiolab 9000n (ES9038PRO) and neither me nor my friend could detect any significant differences. Both sounded really good though, with very high resolution without sounding bright (no fatigue). Filter made very little on both dacs
  5. G

My D-6s is arriving tomorrow... please remind me if I forget to give you a short review. I will compare it to my new Audiolab 9000N with its built-in ES9038PRO dac. I actually ordered the D-6s before the Audiolab 9000N and really like this streamer/DAC so I'm not sure what the D-6s will add to...
  6. G

Denafrips Arce Streamer or WiiM Pro Plus?

Arce - what a funny name! I can imagine a scottish accent saying "I'll be streaming it through my Arce" Going to be interesting to compare the Arce with the upcoming Wiim Ultra. Arce not supporting neither Tidal nor Spotify connect seems like a total waste of a good product and for those money...
  7. G

WiiM Ultra

And I don't want it to have a DAC at all :cool:. Why should I pay for that when all I need is the USB out so I can conncect it to my liking for the DACs I already own. Same as I guess Denafrips owners would probably like to see I2S out and someone may prefer AES/EBU etc. etc. I think it was in...
  8. G

WiiM Ultra

If you change to Volumio premium you would at least get Tidal Connect on you Pi4. I fully understand that paying for the premium version just to get TC maybe is not everybodys cup of tea though. I have also been curious of a Pi4 streamer, since all I want is ethernet in and USB out and I have a...
  9. G

WiiM Ultra

Sounds to me like you are describing the Holo Red. Just load Volumio and use something like Fusion DSP maybe? Disclaimer... I have no experience with either Volumio or Fusion DSP but perhaps someone else here has?
  10. G

WiiM Amp discussion

Tidal Ready? what is that? I have the Wiim Pro and Wiim Mini and they both have Tidal Connect, do you mean Roon Ready?
  11. G

WiiM Amp discussion

I think also the Mytek Liberty (first edition) uses ES9018, so BossBunos is right in that the amp section is probably a more interesting factor when buying this product
  12. G

WiiM Amp discussion

Yes I tried the WXAD-10 once but the Tidal integration was the worst ever and as far as I know, no MusicCast product has Tidal Connect. So as a Tidal user MusicCast is a no go.
  13. G

Eversolo DMP-A8 Announced

I think we need to wait for some reviews but I you'll get a wide range of stand alone DACs for $1.100 that will match the A8. I think it's more a philosophy if you want one less component in your setup or if you like to go separates.
  14. G

Eversolo DMP-A8 Announced

The feature set and the quality of the components they have used seems to me like €2K is almost a bargin. Try buying a HifiRose, NAD, Auralic or Lumin with similar features and components and they will charge triple the money for it. Personally I have a very nice Rotel Michi P5 preamp with a...
  15. G

WiiM Amp discussion

Seems like interesting subwoofer management
  16. G

WiiM Amp discussion

I wonder what Sabre chip it is and why they ditched the AK4493, that the Wiim Pro Plus has?
  17. G

WiiM Amp discussion

Yes considering you can get a used Denon RCD-M37 for €50 they are pretty hard to beat (if they work). Just add a Wiim Mini and you have a streaming, CD amp for under €150. Add a couple of used Tangent EVO 4 for another €50 and a used XTZ 8 inch sub for €50 and you have a really decent setup for...
  18. G

WiiM Amp discussion

I've had my eyes on the Wiim Amp for a while now so I will probably buy one as soon as they are on the market. Do not have any fancy measuring possibility other than my ears but will do a comparison with my Denon RCD-M37 + Wiim Mini + Atom Dac+ I bought the Denon used for around 50-60 euro and...
  19. G

WiiM Pro Streamer

I have recently experinced that the coax out have resulted in crackling noise. Have not tested another source but it worked before the latest fw update. Could it be a fw problem on the coax out?
  20. G

Streamer with USB output options (Qobuz only)

Until someone can post a test where I can clearly hear another USB streamer beat the N130 I will happily continue using it. I am not a youtuber so I would be a bit to expensive to put together such a test but I am very curios how the Holo Red would be compared to N130 as a USB Tidal connect streamer
Top Bottom