Search results

1. T

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

i'm using SU-1 with UPS, for some reason it doesn't sound good enough from USB-port connected to PC, feels like underpowered or smth
  2. T

i have same pop-up noise while using USB (start\stop playing any track), but i can fix it with driver option "Always on", also music won't start to play immediately without that option (short pause before playing a track), and same behavior with coax input - but in that case driver panel is not...
  3. T

how to remove pop-up noise\clicks on SU-1 when using coax input?
  4. T

here is another one unit, that's strange
  5. T

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

i had that crap with 22ohm output on headphone jack, sold instantly, Motu M2 is a waaaaaaaaaaayyy better device ;) p.s.: i had several amps with different power, and volume knob was always at the same level, but the sound quality and low-freq wasn't the same, L30II shines with "hard to drive"...
  6. T

high impedance is the main advantage of L30II, 250mw vs 550mw, L30II have no clipping at 300ohm and higher, +separate power supply, stack is always better and more flexible, you can swap dac or amp whatever you like (in case you want to upgrade) L30II is better for low impedance IEMS's too...
  7. T

there's no need in L30II if you have active speakers, they have own AMP. L30II is the headphone AMP primarily and it's best for headphones but it doesn't have digital inputs. If you want to connect your speakers with PC then you need a DAC or combo device (DAC\AMP), DX3pro+ in your case will be...
  8. T

i would prefer to have a DAC with XLR, RCA and preamp for that purpose, something like SMSL DO100
  9. T

depends on the headphone, i prefer to have separate AMP and DAC for ultimate quality (separate power supply, more amp power, more flexibility on changing dac \ amp parts if needed). And i wasn't happy with combo units, mostly they have weak amp OR dac parts, strong combo's are very expensive and...
  10. T

i had combo-units (amp\dac) with digital and analog volume controls, i found last one more are convenient to use, never experienced channel imbalance in real life situations since all my headphones wasn't easy to drive, so i've always puched volume knob beyond 12o'clock, L30II is much more...
  11. T

General reliability of big Chinese brands?

Shiit Magnius, the most powerful for 200$, have true balanced connections, measurements are ok
  12. T

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

does anyone know which is the latest HW version of the device? HW 1.3 or something newer?
  13. T

nope, can't be used with L30 since it's a DC supply unit
  14. T

did you tried to set both to max volume?
  15. T

this is not the AMP (L30) fault, it's just an amp with analogue inputs, there is no diff between gaming and music app's for an AMP(!!!), i have Asus Xonar STX connected to L30II and have ZERO problems while gaming, no clipping at all, but i'm using headphones instead of speakers
  16. T

L30II is good for >300ohm loads in high gain, no clipping at all, but with lower impedance it can't provide too much current power (which is ok for budget amp's)
  17. T

not really, output impedance is different, for RCA it's 20ohm
  18. T

General reliability of big Chinese brands?

i had no quality issues with chinese amp\dac's, but i don't like their aggressive marketing and hardware pace, audiophiles won't change their gear every year , and many chinese products don't justify my expectations, especially within expensive products, that's funny thing: best chinese gear for...
  19. T

Why is oratory1990's HD600 frequency response so different comparing to mine???

i had several hd600 and must to say that unit variations is very normal for those headphones, they were produced in different packages and countries, they had a lot unofficial revisions (just like hd650), there is no surpsise in your FR graphs
  20. T

new headphone AMP: Schiit Heresy Vs. Topping L30 II

tried Heresy and it just as good as L30 II i have atm, question of "taste" and price in your region, high sensitivity IEMs may feel better with L30II but i'm not listen IEMs (so not sure about that). They even have similar 15VAC transformers within the package. You won't been dissapointed with...
Top Bottom