Search results

1. W

Do I even need a DAC/Amp for the Hifiman HE1000 Stealth (v4)?

I have got the HE1000 Stealth, my gear is audio-pc/streamer, smsl DO300 (DAC) and Violectric V222 (Headphone amplifier) in balanced mode. There is a huge difference if I connect that headphone directly to my good Yamaha AV amplifier. Hifiman EF400 (I tried it), in my opinion, is not good...
  2. W

Simple listening test for audiophiles

Reiterating that the focus of the test is exclusively to identify the intervals in which the sonic differences are actually perceived, rather than attempting to make the two cartridges sound identical or as similar as possible. Let's reverse the question: How could I conduct a blind test with 2...
  3. W

In this case is more simple to find the intervals... :)
  4. W

I have two pairs of headphones: the Hifiman HE1000 Stealth and the Sennheiser HD600, both connected to the same Violectric V222 amplifier. When listening to any track from any CD, I can effortlessly recognize which headphone I’m using, even without "the listener having control over the music...
  5. W

Have you tried to run the test? The impression that "you're bandaging your head before you've injured it"... This test is better then ABX because not include memory ability or rapid switching needs
  6. W

I believe this is completely irrelevant for the test. If we assume that I have also calibrated the arm/cartdrige system incorrectly or approximately, I find myself facing 2 heads and therefore 2 files that measure differently, just as the specifications of the 2 heads are different. In fact, the...
  7. W

Yes, they even belong to the same family (VW) as Audio Technica cartridges. The costs are also different ($60 and $300)
  8. W

The cartridges has same hours (about 40h), In each case I found in DELTA WAVE also 3-5db of difference. It's just requested to find were the sound it is really different
  9. W

Hi, As a dedicated measurer, I often clash with audiophiles who boast superpowers in listening, enabling them to appreciate the benefits of esoteric USB cables, CD transports, bit-perfect streamers, and so on. Therefore, after upgrading my cartridge from AT-VM95E to AT-VM740ML, I devised a...
  10. W

DENON DVD2200 vs new CD player

In other words and only for CD transportation (S/PDIF connection), could I receive better sound quality using a Yamaha CD-S303 or Marantz CD-6007 with the same connection? Thank you.
  11. W

DENON DVD2200 vs new CD player

Hi everyone, For playing my CDs I still have an old DENON DVD-2200 in very good condition which is also a 3-mode SACD player (CD-Stereo-Multi). It's connected to my smsl DO300 DAC via the S/PDIF coaxial output and via the FL-FR analog output to an analog input on my Yamaha AV amplifier...
  12. W

cable change?

NEVER! If you want increase the performance go to next level of Headphone or headphone amp (often the cost is less than changing the cable)
  13. W

What headphone(s) do you own ?

I have no intention of introducing DSP or equalizers into my listening chain. If I want to increase the quality of my listening I have to switch to components that have better measurements. However, at my age (57) and the average age of audiophiles, the resolution possibilities of biological...
  14. W

The concept of transparency is excellent food for thought... To all those who, using audiophile terminology, tell me that this cable or rather that other one significantly alters the sound, I always reply that it is better and more convenient to have a good Digital Signal Processor (DSP) capable...
  15. W

I'm not a Violectric fan and I hoped that in the listening test I liked it less than the others because it was definitely the most expensive. Compared to the A70pro I had the impression that the clarity was accompanied by a slightly more harmonious tone (I struggle to express myself in...
  16. W

In any case I already had a good separate smsl DO300 DAC, why choose a headphone amplifier with another DAC as the EF400?
  17. W

Finally, yesterday the HE1000 and the V222 arrived. I had the opportunity to listen to the HE1000 and the MEZE 109pro with 4 headphone amplifiers: HIFIMAN EF400 Topping A30pro Topping A70pro Violectric V222 The EF400 sounds decent, but only with the HE1000; structurally, it seems the best...
  18. W

Wich pre-phono USB?

The Thorens MM-008 ADC is ADC as the USB prephono amp in the same range.
  19. W

Wich pre-phono USB?

Probably there is a fundamental misunderstanding, certainly generated by the way I have argued, and for this, I apologize. Reading other discussions on this forum related to vinyl ripping, I came across the discovery of an audio interface called Waxwing by Parks Audio. Ripping, in my case, has...
  20. W

Wich pre-phono USB?

Some advised against replacing the AT-VM95E cartridge with the AT-VM740ML, claiming that I wouldn't notice significant differences. I took the trouble to conduct measurements with DELTAWAVE, using AUDACITY and the same track from a practically untouched vinyl. I connected the AT-LP5X turntable's...
Top Bottom