Search results

1. N

New Sony ES 8K AV Receiver Line STR-AZ7000ES STR-AZ5000ES STR-AZ3000ES STR-AZ1000ES

After reading your post, I asked SONY Japan about this issue for STR-AN1000 instead of STR-AZ1000ES because only the former is sold in Japan. They have confirmed native playback of DSD 5.6MHz of SACD in the following configuration: UBP-X800---HDMI----STR-AN1000(BD/DVD)----HDMI----TV I don't...
  2. N

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

Another concern of mine about 3800H/4800H is that they do not support native playback of DSD because PCM 5102A does not. Does nobody mind this point? I mind this point because I have SACDs.
  3. N

This is the case of 4800H. But 3800H is 10dB worse (in SINAD). Considering also that the SNR and SINAD get worse with decreasing the output level, their values on 3800H would be insufficient for standard listening conditions, in which the output level is many dB less than the tested level.
  4. N

It might be so. But, I am not brave enough to choose 4800H based on that guess... The situation is different from CPUs, for which manufacturers give different names to chips with different measured performance, isn't it?
  5. N

From a viewpoint of sound quality, mechanical relays are better than IC switches because IC switches have slight nonlinearities. Furthermore, larger relays have better sound quality (because electric current can seek easier paths from a wider choice) and larger click sound. So, I think it is...
  6. N

I partially agree with you. But, please note that amirm said in his review "a ton of time was involved in testing the unit so please, please don't ask for other measurements." Moreover, an "appropriate level" depends on the gain of the power amplifier, efficiency of loudspeakers, size of the...
  7. N

Thanks amirm and everyone. Now I understand that amirm made the pre-out measurements at a relatively hight output RMS level of 2Vrms because it is a standard CD-player output voltage. At this output RMS level, the difference between 3800H and 4800H comes from the high distortion spikes in...
  8. N

Thanks. I think I understand possible origins of the small difference between the spec sheet and the measured value. On the other hand, I still cannot understand the origin of the 10dB difference between 3800H and 4800H....
  9. N

Don't you think the measured SINAD of 96dB is too high for this value of THD+N?
  10. N

Thanks everyone for showing information on DAC. To understand such a big difference of the measured values, I think I overlook something important.
  11. N

I presume so according to https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?attachments/1664217176078-jpeg.258208/ But, does anyone else confirm it? I suspect this info. might be wrong.
  12. N

I don't understand why the SINAD is so different between 4800H and 3800H. I presume that they have the same preamps. Nevertheless, the DAC Measurements using Toslink give 94-96dB for 4800H while 86-87dB for 3800H. Could amirm or anyone tell me the reason for such a big difference?
  13. N

Denon AVR-X3800H is released.

On the Japanese site, Denon says "We will provide a firmware that enables Dirac Live in 2023."
Top Bottom