Search results

1. S

Review and Measurements of Lyngdorf RoomPerfect EQ

The only people that can answer this would be Lyngdorf, the manufacturer. However, I've been using RP for nearly 5 years now and I can't recall a single update of the RP software. Of course, it may have been updated along with other things that Lyngdorf have added for free during that time...
  2. S

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

It will definitely work on your AVM70 as I have a MRX740 using the same firmware and I can assure you that LFE is redirected correctly and is not 10dB lower. Not sure where you are getting this information from.
  3. S

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

This is not true. If Front L & R speakers are set to Large, then LFE should be passed to them. The only AVR/Processor that I know of that doesn't do this is the current range of Arcam models, but that is an acknowledged bug in the firmware.
  4. S

Movie audio blu-ray is so much better!

Exactly my experience.
  5. S

Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 questions

I don't really understand why people want to use the REL high level connection with a Lyngdorf amp as the 1120 is very capable in terms speaker/sub integration. Personally I'd follow Lyngdorf's recommendation and not use high level connections. If you continue to use the 1120 in this way and a...
  6. S

Lyngdorf tdai 1120 preamping KEF LS50 Wireless II + Sub?

I'd recommend that you ask Lyngdorf themselves on this one.
  7. S

Lyngdorf 1120 subwoofer integration

Both Dirac Live and ARC G do an automatic measurement for sub distance. In my experience, DL can sometimes get it slightly wrong with JL Audio (and Velodyne) subs, but it's relatively easy to correct, especially if you have REW. Current generation of ARC G gets it spot on since it added the...
  8. S

Lyngdorf 1120 subwoofer integration

For the JL Audio subs, to begin with, I'd suggest you set the volume to about mid-way (50%), phase to 0, polarity to 0. Low Pass Off is correct. Measure from your MLP to the wall behind the sub(s) for the distance measurement. Ask JL Audio what additional delay should be input into the...
  9. S

So I have listened to the lyngdorf tdai 1120

No Steinway Lyngdorf or Lyngdorf model shows a graph as they don't believe predicated graphs are useful. In my experience, the brands that do show graphs are always inaccurate as they are only estimations. If you want an accurate graph of what's happening, use REW. No lack of transparency in...
  10. S

I think it's the same app on the phone if my memory is serving me correctly. Only the 3400 will show you how much correction is being applied (you can see this figure on the 3400 display only, it's not on the app). Both amps should be able to drive your speakers, but of course, the 3400 has a...
  11. S

Anthem MRX 1140 fan noise

Not sure I can answer your question as I don't use Zone 2 and have no need for it. Perhaps someone else on here will be able to answer or go onto the AVS Forums as there is a separate thread on these models with some extremely knowledgeable folks on there. Sorry I couldn't help.
  12. S

Room Perfect is exactly the same on the 1120 as it is on the 3400.
  13. S

Not sure when or if I'll get around to that. Sorry. Too many other things grabbing my attention at the moment.
  14. S

Sorry if I caused confusion. What I meant was that Audyssey and Dirac caused phase issues when used in combination with Lyngdorf's Room Perfect system.
  15. S

I'm still enjoying the MRX 740 and yet to hear any fan noise. I went with the Anthem after trying both Denon and Arcam. The Denon was returned because I just didn't think it sounded very good. Lacked any dynamics and sounded flat in my system. This was despite investing in the MultEQ app to try...
  16. S

There is about 3 inches clearance on the top, about 1 inch on one side totally open on the other side. Running cooler than the Denon 6700 and Arcam AVR30 that I recently home trailed.
  17. S

Took delivery of a new MRX740 8K this morning. Tested it for 2 hours using the f/w it arrived with and didn't experience any fan noise. Then did the latest f/w update and after 3 hours or so, still no fan noise. Top of the case is just lukewarm, definitely not what I'd call hot to touch...
  18. S

Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 questions

The measured results were also challenged by Steinway Lyngdorf, but I don't recall what the conclusion was of that. I've been greatly enjoying the sound from my 3400 for nearly 3 years now. No issues at all.
Top Bottom