Search results

1. R

Audio Note speakers

Are you aware of the preferable positioning of Audio Note speakers? If not, then you should try to experiment with placing the speakers close the corners to get the full effect of the natural sounding bass.
  2. R

Audio Note speakers

This is a serious postulate that requires elaboration or at least should be backed up by valid sources. Their production line is more similar to that of Volvo: they have product platforms that comes in different categories with different components and therefore different prices. I have...
  3. R

Vintage bookshelf speaker

Thanks for your reply. I have not. The reason why I focus on B&W, AN and Snell is due to two reasons. Firstly I know that AN is well respected within the audio community and the owner is danish. He recommends Snell and found the Type A model to be outstanding. Therefore I have made a bit of...
  4. R

Vintage bookshelf speaker

Dear Audio Science Review. I'm in the search of upgrading my B&W CDM1 speakers and I have received a lot of recommendations. I live in a lovely apartment in the city of Copenhagen and therefore, I'm looking for a great bookshelf speaker. I'm not completely unsympathetic on the idea of getting a...
  5. R

Humming sound from my audio system

The phono amp is purchased bought and there were no problems with the MM pickup. The turntable is ground connected. I have tried disconnecting the ground wire, however that doesn't change anything. The RCA that leads to the turntable must be a bit weary since it's very old.
  6. R

Indeed it does. Perhaps it is feedback. I will try and get back to you asap. If I play digital through the speakers it doesn't present the noise though.
  7. R

I have tried to make a recording of the sound. Hopefully it is easier to know what is at play.
  8. R

Maybe the sound is more of a swishing, "whoosh" sound like a mellow wind or breeze through a microphone.
  9. R

Hello everyone. I have been testing and trying everything. Thank you for all your advice. The old SME 3012 tonearm has not yet been rewired. I will receive components and cables in a short while and make an appointment with a relevant technician. I hope this is can fix some of it.
  10. R

a) I have an Apple Airplay connected to AUX input. b) Nothing. The humming is not appearing to begin with, but after playing a few records, the hum appears.
  11. R

Thank you for your answer. It is very certain that it's only when the preamp is turned on. Otherwise there are only a light hum which I would consider a part of the "analogue experience".
  12. R

Hello and thank you for your answer. I'm using the "Tuner"-line in. Is that a good choice of line in or will it interfere with the built-in preamp? I will be getting a new turntable soon. I think it's the ground wire that is the problem, but I'm not sure. Can the cables from an old Garrard...
  13. R

Dear all. I have recently installed a phono amplifier (Pro-Ject Tube Box S2) using my new MC cartridge (Denon 103R). I use a Garrard 401 turntable with a SME 3012. It is amplified by a Sansui AU9500 integrated amplifier. Using the Pro-Ject manual and searching on the internet, I have installed...
  14. R

Denon 103R with SME3012

Hello everyone. I have recently installed my new Denon 103R cartridge on a SME 3012 tonearm. I have been recommended by friends to look for a suitable head shell for this combination. Furthermore I've been told that a proper counter weight and rider weight, can have noticeable effect on the...
  15. R

MC Pickup for Sansui AU9500

Good evening to everyone here on Audio Science Review from Denmark. Thank you very much for all the recommendations and comments on my previous post. I have a question regarding which MC pickup to choose and I would like your thoughts and advice. My current setup is: - Sansui AU9500 -...
  16. R

Recommendations for a beginners setup

Hi again. A friend of mine tells me I can have his JBL 4311. What do you guys think about these? They are old so they probably need to be refurbished.
  17. R

Thank you for your reply.
  18. R

Hi JeremyFife Thank you for you comments. I tried to search for Sansui and MC cartridge but I'm not sure if it is possible. I don't know why I feel drawn to the idea of purchasing a MC cartridge. I have heard that the Ortofon cartridges have high a standard however produces a very clear and...
  19. R

Hi there. Thank you very much. I do not know so much about the technical details of my speakers. I was recommended the model (actually the special edition, but couldn't find them) as a "beginners speaker" and I find them alright to be honest. Regarding which pickup. Maybe I should start by...
  20. R

Thank you for the elaboration. My question is probably stupid, but I don't see the idea of investing in Neumann and Genelec products, if I can use alternatives where my Sansui will be of more usage. Is the Neumann and Genelec speakers much better than the other brands I have mentioned?
Top Bottom