Search results

1. S

The Sennheiser HD 600 sounds great, but are quite uncomfortable — they clamp down hard! Should I return them?

Hi there, I bought and tried out the Sennheiser HD 599 about a week ago, and while the comfort was absolutely excellent, I found the sound to be merely "good". For the price point is was very good, but I felt the sound was a little bit flat, and I didn't particularly like the "warm" sound...
  2. S

Please help me bypass the S/PDIF-port on my PC:s motherboard

Haha, I had recently watched this video, and decided to include I²S on my wish list because of it, and @amirm opens the thread by mentioning PS Audio! :) I would say that it's a real coincidence, but maybe not. After all, I googled TOSLINK vs I²S, and I guess the results on the first page...
  3. S

Alright, sounds good to me! You guys have been an absolutely invaluable source of information for me. I really can't thank you enough for all the help you've provided me with. I'm going to sleep on it, but I think I'll go not for the Douk Audio U2, and not the PO100 Pro (I can't get it easily...
  4. S

Do you think they will work with a PC with Windows 10 or 11? :) I prefer keeping all of this as simple as possible, and since I've barely heard of MQA or I2s, I'll oblige with your request! Some people write in their reviews that the Douk Audio U2 breaks often and whatnot. I suppose this might...
  5. S

Very! :O Noted! I'll avoid such a device, then. Well, you forced me to go to school. I've read up a little bit about the absolute basics of digital audio from this article: https://www.izotope.com/en/learn/digital-audio-basics-sample-rate-and-bit-depth.html I was still a bit confused, so I...
  6. S

Thank you for taking me to school, mr/ms beans! :) Alright, last few questions (really!): So as far as DDC:s go, I think I will go with either the: Hifime UT23 (the cheapest but also least stylish) Douk Audio U2 (the red one is very charming) This audio extractor splitter converter (it has a...
  7. S

I see! Thank you for clarifying! I just got the reply from NAD as I'm having this conversation with you fine people. Here's what they say: Thank you for contacting the NAD Electronics Support Crew. The DAC used in the NAD C328 is a Texas Instruments PCM 1796 It's difficult for me to say is the...
  8. S

Aha, I see! That settles it then! :) Of the products you've proposed, the SMSL PO100PRO AK4493S DAC Chip (I guess it's not a DAC despite what it says on the website, but rather a device with an entirely digital input/output, like what @staticV3 describes) and the Douk Audio U2 looks the most...
  9. S

Once again, I have to send to you my most heartfelt thanks! Your recommendations are exactly what I've been searching for the last two weeks! :) On a swedish forum a user recommended this device...
  10. S

Thank you all very much for your recommendations! :) I noticed at the description of the Douk Audio U2 on its website that it says: "Warm Tips: Please note that U2 only supports 2.0 channel stereo audio." My amplifier/dac, the NAD C 328, does support the connection of a subwoofer, which I'd...
  11. S

Hi there, This problem has been consuming a lot of my time the recent week, and I found out about this forum through googling reviews on various external DAC's, and so I registered here and hope that some of you fine audiophiles might be able to help me out with this problem of mine! You see...
Top Bottom