Search results

1. Angsty

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

I bought a barely used turntable about a year ago that displaced my reliable 10-year old workhorse to my office system. After the initial oooh’s and aaa’s, I find that I enjoy both equally today. The equipment upgrade is sometimes more about the dopamine than the acoustics.
  2. Angsty

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

“Believing is hearing. That's right; if you believe you will hear a difference, then there's a good chance that you will.” — Roger Russell
  3. Angsty

What gear you wouldn't buy because of its name or cult status.

Why is it that the one guy I knew who owned both Emotiva and Tekton proved to be a backstabber and adulterer? Must just be coincidence. Regardless, I won’t own either brand.
  4. Angsty

In the book with Mytek for me, another sad example.
  5. Angsty

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Wow - seems that Eric is incapable of handling a poor review. Looks like a fragile ego more than anything else. Perhaps if he provided a rational basis for his design choices he would appear less whiny. What a shame. Just goes to show why the “big name” publications often simply refused...
  6. Angsty

Klipsch Heresy IV Speaker Review

I agree with @Sal1950 regarding the Heresy measurements. I’m unclear why @Rmar believes they are flawed.
  7. Angsty

I'm not sure if that's fully possible given the range of equipment and rooms used by recording engineers. A review of the KEF Blade 2 in Stereophile gave me pause about this notion. The reviewer (JA, a recording engineer) discussed how a mix sounded different from what he heard when mixing...
  8. Angsty

Review and Measurements of CHORD Qutest DAC

Very unlikely. The E30ii performs at the limits of audibility.
  9. Angsty

Digipacks. That’s all I’m saying.
  10. Angsty

I know this is the wrong thread, but please direct me to the right one to discuss where to find room correction through my computer.
  11. Angsty

Rarely will I buy a vinyl LP that first came out on CD. It either involves a duration compromise or multiple vinyl discs to match a single CD. If the first release was digital, I fail to see how vinyl remastering will improve upon it. Though, I am getting increasingly frustrated by streaming...
  12. Angsty

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

The main companions to the P50 are the A50 and D50s, neither of which ship with a power supply. You are supposed to use an existing phone charger to power them. The P50 will power more than one device simultaneously. They could have made a cheaper power supply in the P50 using an SMPS unit...
  13. Angsty

Schiit Mani 2 Review (Phono Stage)

It means that in Low-Low gain settings, the gain is in the region under 40 dB, which is too low to compare to other competing phonos with gain at or above 40 dB.
  14. Angsty

There is a review on ASR. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/benchmark-ahb2-review-updated-measurements.50844/
  15. Angsty

There are lots of hoary myths about the inadequacy of switching power supplies. In many cases, a well-designed SMPS can outperform a comparable power output linear supply, even in a power amp. The Benchmark AHB2 is a premier example. In the case of the D90SE, the numbers don’t lie.
  16. Angsty

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

Thank you for the kind offer. The one I had was the metal case type and the big nostalgia for it was that my dad gave it to me in middle school after I had lost a series of other watches. I held onto it until my college graduation. But, there is a happy ending. I lost the watch in my...
  17. Angsty

Highly conductive materials do not retain a static charge. The mobility of the electron structure disperses the charge rapidly and prevents a localized buildup. Nonetheless, I think is appropriate to question how effective carbon black is in dispersing static electricity versus virgin PVC. A...
  18. Angsty

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

I miss my Casio. Lost it in 1992.
  19. Angsty

Here is the patent if you want to examine the claims: https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/6b/8a/d0/f311d6d00d8fe1/US2997451.pdf
Top Bottom