Search results

1. K

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Is there any progress with using HDMI for multichannel output for use with an AVR? There was a corresponding thread on the other site, i haven´t found the time to do my own research up until now. Would love a quick heads up though, maybe i´ll get into it.
  2. K

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Is anyone using zero reds with moondrop`s FreeDSP cable? Does it have enough power for them? I am tempted by low price, good enough performance and my love for EQ tinkering. I have an old android for setup as the app looks a little sketchy...
  3. K

Best Budget Amp Under ~$180 With Optical & BT

The pair is quite a bit more expensive and the Mini Streamers Dac is really bad.
  4. K

Best Budget Amp Under ~$180 With Optical & BT

How about the O-Noorus D3? Looking for a similar solution and love the idea of a all in one. I have a Fosi V3/SMSL D6 S pair, which i guess is in a different league, but for a simple bedroom bluetooth only setup not really required.
  5. K

JBL 708P Review (Professional Monitor)

I am currently in the process of building my own version of the 708s thanks to mabats ath horn as seen on diyaudio. I have settled for Eminence 151Ms in my own waveguide design, but i have trouble finding an 8" woofer playing well to 2kHz with reasonable clean SPL and lower end extension. If...
  6. K

SMSL D-6s Balanced DAC Review

@dsnyder0cnn thanks! i fell victim to the usb-c cable standart. It was smooth sailing with a different cable. I learned to use card by name instead of index, because index might change over time (happened to me aswell)
  7. K

Using Tidal Connect on a raspberry pi without Volumio

Ok its embarrasingly stupid. The USB-C cable was the problem... Working perfect now. It´s actually a upgrade to the Wiim, because its a lot more responsive via tidal connect
  8. K

Using Tidal Connect on a raspberry pi without Volumio

Hi there, i got tidal connect running on a bare bone Pi OS system, but only with my old behringer DAC. I have a new SMSL d6S which is a big jump in performance, but i can´t make it work with my Pi. Is there some trick to get some XMOS devices show up in "$ aplay -l"? I know my way around ssh and...
  9. K

SMSL D-6s Balanced DAC Review

Hi, i am currently messing around with a pi4 running pi os. The d6s is never listed as a audio device when connected via usb. Is there a linux driver i would need to install? Great DAC by the way. I am currently using it with a 48V Fosi V3 into my NS1000s and the quality of the electronics is...
  10. K

Sabaj A30a announced

Sorry quick question: Does the amp deliver some kind of power through usb-c?
  11. K

DSP shenanigans

HDMI would be even better when using my AVR. Already looking into Linux multichannel audio through hdmi... will report back when i find something.
  12. K

DSP shenanigans

Linux is a good idea, maybe i can get it all done in a raspberry running volumio or something similar. DTS-HD, which the amp can decode, offers up to 96 kHz/24 Bits for all 8 channels. This is a lot more than i need, or am i missing something?
  13. K

DSP shenanigans

Sorry for entering this thread, but i am looking into a similar project. I do have an Pioneers SC-1223 K which i think sounds pretty good (using it in stereomode right now) but i want to use it to drive my next diy speaker with a DSP crossover, since it does have up to 8 channels amplification...
Top Bottom