Search results

1. leebergtally

Juson Audio JTA35 Tube Amplifier, DAC & HP Amp Review

I see someone else noted the image discrepancy in an earlier post.
  2. leebergtally

Juson Audio JTA35 Tube Amplifier, DAC & HP Amp Review

It says hybrid and from the images it looks like a driver tube and power tube for each channel. I assume there’s two transformers in the box on back. In most transformer outputs there are taps for 4 and 8 ohms. Btw I looked it up on their website and it looks totally different there. No phono...
  3. leebergtally

Sound Devices MixPre-3 II Multichannel Recorder Review

I don't think this belongs in your otherwise excellent reviews. As you noted this device is really for location microphone recording. It is not intended primarily as an audio interface. Having worked as a location sound recordist I really don't care that much about the line inputs, outputs...
  4. leebergtally

A bit about your host....

Back in the mid 1990's I used the Pinnacle Aladdin in a linear editing suite. It was way better than NewTek's Video Toaster and could be controlled by my CMX editor. Sometime later I had an AVID Express (running on Apple 9600). The DVE, a PCI board, was a Pinnacle product as well.
  5. leebergtally

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

That’s exactly what I did, ordering directly from Fosi.
  6. leebergtally

New from Schiit Audio: Vidar 2

I got my Vidar 2 the other day and after some initial listening I am quite pleased with it. I won't wax eloquently about the sound, but sufice it to say it's way better than my 50-year old McIntosh MC2105 that's sometimes sounds harsh, and is most likely in need of restoration. The Vidar 2 is...
  7. leebergtally

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

I bought one directly from Fosi and it arrived after 15-days. I hooked it up and have to say it sounds great. It's driving some inefficient Polk SDA SRA 2.3's so it's a bit underpowered (Polks require min. 75 watts), but I still had enough gain to play it at a decent listening level. I...
  8. leebergtally

Carver Crimson 275 Review (Tube Amp)

Two years ago I purchased the new Dynaco ST70 series 3 from Radial Engineering (now out of production). I like the amp but when I discovered the Carver I thought if only I had known I could have had a more powerful and attractive amp. After your review I’m glad I didn’t know about the Carver...
Top Bottom