Search results

1. Billy Budapest

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

That’s actually not the reason why red light camera lawsuits have been successful. Most of the courts’ decisions have resolved disputes rooted in constitutional rights. See here for examples in Missouri...
  2. Billy Budapest

There are legal plans available as employment benefits for some jobs, but the plans themselves either contract with law firms or work as a referral network with a group of law firms. But for conflicts purposes, most (or all) state bars don’t allow “moonlighting” arrangements to my knowledge...
  3. Billy Budapest

Who would you consider to be an Ethical Manufacturer in the Audio Business?

I often hear Bryston called an “ethical” manufacturer. They seem to be an engineering-driven company. Their gear is priced pretty dang high, although probably due to 1). Limited economies of scale; 2). Canadian labor costs and benefits; 3). Dealer and distributor margins; 4). Long warranty costs.
  4. Billy Budapest

“Staff attorneys could have day jobs and take these calls after hours. They could be compensated per hour or through advertising for their firm.” That would actually be unethical under many state bar rules. Instead, your proposed organization would have to engage the lawyers’ firms as a client...
  5. Billy Budapest

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

I think those switches look classy.
  6. Billy Budapest

OK, I checked too and there it is!
  7. Billy Budapest

I didn’t get any emails which is strange because I had registered.
  8. Billy Budapest

That is going to invite criticism and speculation of conflicts-of-interest.
  9. Billy Budapest

I haven’t looked, but I will now.
  10. Billy Budapest

I do not believe manufacturers are allowed to donate to the forum.
  11. Billy Budapest

Weiss DAC501 Streamer and DAC Review

At 9,000 clams, I’d hope it’s a keeper.
  12. Billy Budapest

I think they believe they can subjectively rate the results of the objective performance testing by Amir. :p
  13. Billy Budapest

Weiss DAC501 Streamer and DAC Review

I didn’t think I was being snarky. It’s just that the unit offers merely good performance at an extremely high price. It’s not a good value proposition, even with its feature set.
  14. Billy Budapest

That’s highly doubtful. In fact, I believe the measurements right now are below the threshold of audibility, so I don’t think it’s going out on a limb to say “no.” Still, cumulative noise and distortion from source, preamp, and speakers all interact and can be additive, so it’s important to...
  15. Billy Budapest

Nothing needs to be improved, although as you stated the power vs distortion measurements could be better. Also, it looks like the rising frequency response issue in the upper treble has been fixed. But for the price, the performance is amazing.
  16. Billy Budapest

Amazing performance for the price. Most measurements are not SOTA, but are close.
  17. Billy Budapest

Strange that Chrome is having problems as the pop up form is a Google Form.
  18. Billy Budapest

Using Safari on iOS, the button is there. The pop-up form has some rendering issues, but I was able to complete it and submit it without difficulty.
  19. Billy Budapest

I just checked and the button for the form is still there on the page.
  20. Billy Budapest

Yes, it is a rendering, most probably—look at the components. None of them are real. This looks like it could be AI-generated artwork.
Top Bottom