Search results

1. CapMan

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

Anyone else noticed their 4800 is now not showing as a an uncertified Roon tested device ?
  2. CapMan

Break from Tekton Thread

Just another day at ASR… :)
  3. CapMan

Break from Tekton Thread

Before Mr Bean there was Not The Nine O’Clock News … and the classic HiFi Sketch
  4. CapMan

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

Keeping everything crossed that the wink denotes irony/sarcasm.
  5. CapMan

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

This is a screen shot from Dirac of my F206 measured response before correction with the tight 9 point pattern. It’s pretty obvious where my horrible asymmetric smallish room takes over at 400 Hz! Above that I’d say they are pretty linear and well Behaved. This measurement is with the...
  6. CapMan

Break from Tekton Thread

He’s a story - Salon is the most highly prized champagne one can buy. They make a maximum of three vintages a decade and when they do they only make 50,000 bottles. Tiny quantities. To release the 1999 vintage what was the meal the clever French chose - you’ve guessed it - good old fish and...
  7. CapMan

Break from Tekton Thread

You were lucky to find a dentist - but don’t get me started :)
  8. CapMan

Break from Tekton Thread

If you want good fish and chips go to a coastal town with local fishing fleet and a quayside ‘chippie’. It will be fresh and well cooked. The pub probably got the fish and potatoes out of a freezer. Good ambience does little to guarantee good quality when it comes to a fish supper.
  9. CapMan

Break from Tekton Thread

Peaceful dog walk today
  10. CapMan

I have mine toed in so a line from the tweeter, perpendicular to the speaker baffle hits my ear (ish) - so pretty much pointed at me. No harshness, but they are not warm speakers either. I imagine if the lower frequencies / mid bass were missing it could tip from clear to bright sounding.
  11. CapMan

Break from Tekton Thread

Poop in the seas and rivers is my number 1
  12. CapMan

Break from Tekton Thread

I love a sweeping generalisation in the morning ;)
  13. CapMan

Break from Tekton Thread

Things are now so rubbish in the UK that our (alleged) terrible food now features quite a long way down the list :(
  14. CapMan

Good on you for not convincing yourself to buy just because of the discount. Hope you find your Goldilocks speaker soon.
  15. CapMan

The etymology of woofer and tweeter

The more I think about it the weirder the choice seems, especially with the simple, informative elegance of the German! Imagine the sales discussion @kemmler3D talked about earlier … Punter - “well what does this big one do” Sales person - “oh that makes a sound like a dog barking” Punter -...
  16. CapMan

Brilliant :) Request to our host - could his next speaker review be done in the style of dog sounds.
  17. CapMan

Perhaps the type of dog doing the woofing has to be introduced for these - subwoofer = basset woofer , mid woofer = beagle woofer , which means a tweeter would become a chihuahua woofer :)
  18. CapMan

I’ve been thinking on this for a while and can’t come up with anything better - harder than it sounds !
  19. CapMan

Just why, when and who? And if you were naming them now what words would you use instead in the 21st century (and why) This is a right side of brain activity so may not suit everyone ;)
  20. CapMan

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

How much legal obligation falls on the equipment provider (Klippel / AP) to demonstrate the efficacy of their gear? Interesting point of case law in the UK right now relating to a huge miscarriage of justice by the Post Office based on the presumption that computers are reliable (in this case...
Top Bottom