Search results

1. EasyC

Audyssey Manual Calibration “OCA’s REW + Audyssey Awesomeness”

That was me. I think the problem for these browsers is the multiple files download at the end- maybe if the log and the ady file were zipped into one it would work on all browsers?
  2. EasyC

Did You Buy Based On Amir's Review?

Yes - Genelec 8030C (Desk/Studio), LS50Meta (HT, already had an SVS SB1000), very happy with both. Nice to read not only the review, I'm no expert in graphs, but also the thread accompanying it to have some interpretation of the graphs and what they mean for performance.
  3. EasyC

Who do you think is the best music producer and why.?

Brian Eno (Bowie, Devo), Boris Blank (Yello), Dr. Dre, DJ Shadow, Mark Ronson, Andrew Weatherall, Lee Scratch Perry and of course George Martin.
  4. EasyC

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

Seeing this picture reminds me of the only thing I didn't like about the 8030's - the much too bright green led. In near field you need shades... I found these I read about maybe here on ASR: https://www.amazon.nl/dp/B09DY1ZHKS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details The small round ones dim...
  5. EasyC

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

I've got them on a desk and really, really like the sound. Soundstage is not narrow, but nice and wide. Tweeters are at ear height, the vertical directivity is narrow but horizontal it's smooth, 7050C under the desk. It is of course near field, which does resemble headphones in a way maybe, but...
  6. EasyC

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

Here's my desktop - changed a lot the last few months since I started reading on ASR... Monitors went from KRK G4 to Kali's In-5 to Genelecs 8030. With the 7050 sub it's a really great hifi and monitoring system, and I can listen to music for hours here... Interface is a Motu M4, Sound coming...
  7. EasyC

Best headphones for movies only?

Ever tried AirPods Pro on an Apple TV? Spatial Audio works quite well, especially for movies - for a fraction of the price I guess... It's fun!
  8. EasyC

Search for new monitors in small home studio - tried KRK G4 RP5 and Kali IN_5 but not there yet

If anyone's interested... Got the Genelec 7050 Sub along with the 8030's. Kali IN-5 are back to Thomann, and so is the Eve sub. I liked the sound a lot, so for compatibility and also for build quality I got the expensive sub. Build like a tank, just like the 8030's. Everything just works, and...
  9. EasyC

Search for new monitors in small home studio - tried KRK G4 RP5 and Kali IN_5 but not there yet

Well.. I ordered 8030's already, just couldn't ignore all scientific evidence ;) Set them up 30m ago. No Sonarworks, just the near field/console bridge dip switch (they're on a shelf with my screen) and did the EQ (2500Hz 2dB Q3). No sub yet also. Great sound seems pretty close. Like it...
  10. EasyC

It's complicated stuff.. What I think you and Dr.Toole mean, in layman's terms, is to not EQ my speakers to the room but to the anechoic data? And take the peaks and dips as they come? The region is near field, so direct sound should be louder than early reflections. So I measure and correct...
  11. EasyC

True, that works. But for listening I really also like the low end. A lot of modern music uses a lot of sub, which can be really nice. I listen to a lot of different genres, but for this I really dig the speaker 'feel'. I want it all! I try to keep peaks and valleys below ±6dB, I understood...
  12. EasyC

Thank you for the advice. @badspeakerdesigner : I know about compromises, you should have seen the graph before I started treating the room... I also actually like the flat curve, it is, as @acbarn said, for near field and creating music. About the sub: I've experimented a lot. It's been from...
  13. EasyC

Hi, I've been reading a lot on ASR, learning, not understanding everything (my experience is in lighting) but I have some technical background and have had a lot of conversations with (live) sound guys. I (try to) make music with Logic and really like having good stereo sound at my desk...
  14. EasyC

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Hi, I’m Claes from Amsterdam, The Netherlands. I’ve been a lighting designer for more than 30 years, designed large dance events, been touring with bands, produced festivals (claes3d.com). Teaching now as well. I’ve entered this business because of my love for music - all kinds. Have seen...
  15. EasyC

What Speakers Would You Like Amir To Measure Next?

I heard other opinions, but I'd really like to see some measurements ;-)
  16. EasyC

What Speakers Would You Like Amir To Measure Next?

Eve audio, another Adam cousin, interested in the SC205. Powered speakers, 5” woofer. DSP, some positive reviews. But an interesting brand I think.
  17. EasyC

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Don't know if someone posted these, I used to work in the MilkyWay (Melkweg) in Amsterdam, where we used this until they were replaced sometime in the late eighties I think. Sounded pretty good as I remember, a lot of well known band played over these. Very, very big, powered by Mcintosh amps.
Top Bottom