Search results

1. V

Audio stutters with USB Dacs on Macbook M1 Pro

Updated to Sonoma 14.3.1 (23D60)... no stutter so far, fingers crossed....
  2. V

Audio stutters with USB Dacs on Macbook M1 Pro

Recently changed my desktop setup because I got new speakers and WiiM Amp. I'm using a usb-to-spdif converter between my dock and WiiM Amp. Same stutter. :facepalm: No issue when I had 3.5mm to RCA or streaming via Bluetooth (as I'm doing now).
  3. V

WiiM Amp discussion

Thank you so much. I google and read but there are different terminologies and connection options: LFE, 3.5mm to RCA split, the labeling on the VX7 with "Left/Mono", inputs from amp as well (which looks like different plugs or bare wires); and things like banana plugs are new to me. I couldn't...
  4. V

WiiM Amp discussion

Thank you so much for your help! OH! So it's an RCA cable with single termination on both ends? Because I kept thinking I need an RCA Y-splitter to plug into both "Left/Mono" and "Right".
  5. V

WiiM Amp discussion

Hi everyone, I have a newbie question: How do I connect this to an MK VX-7 subwoofer? The sub has inputs from the amplifier—they remind me PC 2.1 subs that take bare wires? It also has what's plainly labelled "Inputs". They say "Left/Mono" and "Right". They look like RCA. Where does the sub...
  6. V

Subwoofer Comparison

Ah thank you, sorry about that. I think I should've known that from reading the posts but I'm still unfamiliar and the names don't really register with me. :oops:
  7. V

Subwoofer Comparison

Hi @sweetchaos , have you come across any info about M&K VX-7 (like frequency response)? I'm trying to compare it with KEF C4. TIA.
  8. V

Connecting T4 dock to Fosi v3

Sorry, bear with me pls. I'm trying to imagine how they connect together. I'll use a 3.5mm-RCA cable to connect the T4 dock to the Fosi, which has cables connected to speakers. If I want to add something like a WiiM Mini, I see it's got 3.5mm aux in and out, and SPDIF. How would I insert the...
  9. V

Thank you very much @kemmler3D ! I shall do that, baby steps. Sorry I've never bought or used a desktop amp for speakers before. I'm now worried that the Fosi v3 only has RCA inputs. Will that be enough (in future)? Eg. if I want to add a streamer like Wiim to the setup—what would that be...
  10. V

@staticV3 Do you think I should consider other amps for more options?
  11. V

I know the USB will have its own DAC and I'm ambivalent about that since it's a random cable off Amazon. Not sure how the DAC in the USB cable will sound. Oh I didn't know that :( Since the laptop has a 3.5mm, I thought the dock's 3.5mm is like a "pass through" from the laptop. What other...
  12. V

Hi all, I got a real newbie question. :facepalm: I have an M1 Pro MacBook Pro > Kensington SD5700T T4 dock > Fosi v3 > speakers. The T4 dock has a 3.5mm in front for headphones. Do I use a 3.5mm to RCA cable or USB to RCA? (I don't use the 3.5mm jack so maybe I should just use that to...
  13. V

Upgrading from Soundsticks

I found a pair of used Polk ES20 on Amazon for $311. Maybe I'll order and give them a try. At least I can return them...
  14. V

Oh that's right, those were among the speakers I looked for too but I didn't find any around my area. Thanks for the reminder, I'll keep an eye out.
  15. V

Oh that's great! How's the bass on them? I'm not after earth-moving bass like a club, I'm sitting on my ass working from home. But the kind of music I listen to, some tight bass would be nice. Whatever I get will probably be an improvement to the old Soundsticks.
  16. V

Do you like them? What do you use them for?
  17. V

Yes! I came across them on the forum too! But hmmmm they'd have to be shipped from the EU so I'd rather not. I did check out their B-stock which they're currently out of. Thanks for the recommendation!
  18. V

Oh thank you for taking a look! The Elac Reference that I mentioned was found on fb marketplace actually. That seems like a good option? The rest I listed are "accessible".
  19. V

Oh no, the usual predictable boroughs. I was just giving some geographical context for when I'm looking on craigslist, fb marketplace, ebay.
  20. V

Thank you for the quick response @warpdrive ! Updating my post: I don't mind passive or active but I don't own an amp right now, so the simplest upgrade is preferred. But I can fit in a budget amp I think, if I have to. So this is the rabbit hole ... Not really into the Vanatoo tbh. I know it...
Top Bottom