Search results

1. P

Audiophiles, generally don't like class D amps!

You have me looking back at my own posts on this thread. As an update: the shrillness I experienced with the Klipsch Heresy IV and the Hypex amp in my NAD M10 was not present with the Buckeye Purifi amp that I later upgraded to. Nor was it present with the Hypex amp in the NAD M10 when coupled...
  2. P

NAD M10 Streaming Amplifier Review

I don't blame you, I get where you're coming from. But they've fully replaced a bunch of the modular stack of software components in these things over time. BluOS has gone through three or four revisions just of the onboard streamer apps, their various format decoding libraries, and how they...
  3. P

NAD/BluOS have made a number of audible changes in their firmware over time, it's not a fixed hardware device like legacy audio equipment. The M10 is a small Linux computer with a custom UI built in for the front display. It runs a pretty standard Linux toolkit, plus custom app packages for...
  4. P

There seems to have been a number of "under the hood" changes in BluOS 4.0 firmware on the M10 V1, the sound quality seems improved. It's possible that they've improved or changed the Linux libraries that they use for the streaming and decoding portions of the audio chain, and maybe even...
  5. P

I just tested with Amazon Music and had no problem whatsoever, either on the BluOS mobile app or on the front of the unit. It even tells me what format and bitrate in the app now, which is great.
  6. P

Yes, M10 V1 was also included. I believe the update covers all BluOS devices going back to the very first Node.
  7. P

New Schiit SYN - Analog Surround Sound Processor

A moderator removed the link in the post above mine. It was to an audio site (legit, relevant) that had been hacked.
  8. P

New Schiit SYN - Analog Surround Sound Processor

^^ That site is infected with malware. Do not follow link!
  9. P

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

No worries, I didn't even know they were a thing until I saw them when browsing the Neutrik catalog. Great amp, thanks again for your good work and excellent product.
  10. P

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

I've been running the Purifi 3-channel for several weeks now, just using two channels currently. So far, I think it is excellent. It's not just the power that's impressive, it's the fine detail that is audible at lower volumes that really strikes me compared to my prior amp (which was also class...
  11. P

The firmware is mostly for the BluOS module which is separate hardware in most of these devices. They've only had like 3 major revisions of the core module since Bluesound started, and a bunch of currently shipping product still uses the older ones. I think it might literally cost them more...
  12. P

NAD C658 Streaming DAC Review

Wait your Rogue has balanced inputs that can only handle 2.5V? That would be unusual. Have you tried turning down the gain on the Rogue? It's selectable I believe.
  13. P

NAD C658 Streaming DAC Review

That's max voltage at full reference output, with the volume all the way up. If you aren't clipping you may not need to adjust it, but you can lower the max volume limit of the C658 in the settings if you need to. It's totally arbitrary, effectively the same as lowering the volume knob.
  14. P

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

Of course it is. But this isn't just a streamer, it's a full DAC/preamp.
  15. P

Is that really a consensus view? It seems rational that moving a switching power supply away from the audio path would potentially reduce noise. Manufacturers separate PS from audio within device cases all the time with shielding for this same reason.
  16. P

Yep and not only Node / Bluesound devices, any device running BluOS will sync this way. That includes NAD devices and integrated BluOS speakers like the Dali Callisto and PSB Alpha iQ. There are a few other brands making BluOS integrated products as well.
  17. P

Neutrik NA2F-D0B-TX XLR to RCA Adapter Review

He means the signal level, not that a literal microphone is connected.
  18. P

It doesn't matter. The inclusion of this I/O variant is about being prepared, not about it being matched to a specific particular device. Again, you're making hifi assumptions that a device needs to have an exact intended purpose within your "system". That's not how it works in live sound...
  19. P

I didn't give a domestic hifi use case. The "weird computer thingy" I was describing was in a live sound context. I've heard of performers showing up with experimental electronic "instruments" built from a Raspberry Pi or Arduino. Things that "nobody in their right mind would try" come up more...
  20. P

I didn't say it was designed to connect anything. What I'm saying is that it's a device that would be useful for testing different signal sources to figure out which ones are possibly involved in a ground loop. The weird homemade computer thingy some performer asked you to connect (and turn up...
Top Bottom