Search results

1. D

Power Sound Audio MT-110-M - Review & Measurements by Erin

There's nothing like loud and clean music or HT. I personally will take loud over flat and perfect directivity any day of the week if I had to choose between them. It's the kind of sound that brings out emotions. Here's hoping some PSA MTM designs get sent in too.
  2. D

Arendal 1723 Speaker Review

I linked to the data about them starting to compress at only 90dB. You have the speakers and can do the same test yourself if you aren't afraid of damaging them.
  3. D

I shared a link with testing that found 1723 Monitors compressing near 90 dB...
  4. D

Again, if people are going to proclaim a speaker has good value, it's reasonable various speakers can be contrasted. You have another agenda if you find fault in that. And of course we all value different things. I never slandered these speakers and in fact previously posted that I think they...
  5. D

See this. Facts are Adrenal has been sending out review units left and right to any and everyone on social media so it's not shocking there is a lot of hype built up. Like I said before, I don't fault them as a business for doing such at all. I've only been pointing out speakers that cost...
  6. D

Must be. I have not. There's some talk on AVSforum recently about the 1723 Monitors compressing well before reference level so if they Magnat fall a little short... This is another speaker that should hit reference for most people on paper and is a fraction of the cost.
  7. D

Thanks for the warm welcome! I do not claim to be an expert. I've merely asked some questions that you can't or won't attempt to answer. Although I'm certain I still have many nuances to learn (who doesn't), I already have learned a great deal for people like them. Also, it's always great when...
  8. D

Funny that you only included the horizonal orientation while pushing your objective agenda... Anyway, I could careless if it's not neutral enough for you and for the third and final time, welcome you to provide comparable products. You continue to throw the baby out with the bath water as I...
  9. D

I used terms like similar and comparable, but you used more extreme terms like wildly different and significantly different. Audioholics did measure the LCRv2 and it's got a pretty neutral response, modest sensitivity, and high power handling... similar to the 1723 Monitor. As I previously...
  10. D

Allow me to backup and state that I assume most people interested in the 1723 Monitor are looking for reference or near reference levels and there's been a lack of speakers in this category measured in recent years. If you haven't heard them and don't have the NFS data, I don't see how you can...
  11. D

https://www.audioholics.com/bookshelf-speaker-reviews/outlaw-blsv2 The BLSv2 and LCRv2 were largely designed by the same engineers who created the originals; Snell Acoustics R&D group. Snell Acoustics was a very highly-regarded loudspeaker manufacturer who were famed for their tight...
  12. D

Both are MTM designs with similar sensitivity and power handling.
  13. D

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

+1 for Magnats For $470 at Amazon right now, this Ultra LCR 100 THX has impressive specifications. https://magnat-usa.com/home-theater/cinema-ultra/cinema-ultra-lcr-100-thx
  14. D

I completely agree. They do have a good product and I think they're marketing is going to pay off, but what gets me is all the reviewers are repeating each other stating "it punches above its weight" without directly compare it to anything relevant or above it's price point. It's obvious Adrenal...
  15. D

Everyone knows the sub comparisons was flawed, but the speaker shootout was one of the the most scientific experiments done on the subject despite it's imperfections. People at MWAVE didn't have the industry bias that Dr Toole's subjects had. I'm not saying MWAVE all up was a better designed...
  16. D

At MWAVE during the blind listening tests in which all speakers were level matched and had a steep 70hz highpass filter, the Martin Logan XT B100 and SVS Ultra Bookshelf had the best scores with the 1723 monitor in 3rd place. To my understanding, not only did the cheaper speakers out due more...
  17. D

Perhaps not relatively low to other direct to consumer brands who don't make sweet heart deals with YouTubers and spend on Facebook advertisement. I'm not saying this is a bad thing per se, but Adrenal is certainly investing more into marketing than your average direct to consumer...and they may...
  18. D

I do think these offer good value for what they are, but, it makes one wonder what a pair of these ought to cost without all of the extras like THX certification, return\warranty policies, marketing overhead, and cabinet finishing. Here is a THX Ultra 2 certified speaker for half the price -...
Top Bottom