Search results

1. S

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

I actually overlooked it, looks like the pages was stuck together. Thanks
  2. S

n00b Q but, I currently have my DT 1990 connected to the A70 Pro via 6.35 mm jack, and my LCD-X via 4-pin XLR Is there any way to disable one of these outputs depending on which headphone I use? Or mute either one? I'm not a huge fan of re-plugging all the time, and I tend to swap between my...
  3. S

2 mm scuff / mark on my A70 Pro out of the box. I have OCD so this is pretty annoying actually. What do you guys think? Is this normal for metalwork products?
  4. S

Asking people in this thread that bought the A70 and D70 Pro as a stack - did you mix colours or match both units? Which colour do you prefer? And another one; would you gain any benefit from pairing these with some type of USB bridge?
  5. S

It's an extra 60 or 70 bucks in Norway, fair price overall. Where did you get that number?
  6. S

Nobody knows, as far as I'm concerned it might be both. There's no official word from Topping to their customers addressing this issue, or explaining whether it has been sorted with future batches. No input on what batches might be affected, or if future or current batches also might fail. It's...
  7. S

Pretty confident that this has nothing to do with the detective units. Also it's quite normal to buy these two as a stack. People still experience problems
  8. S

Yup. And high gain will potentially trigger it to fail. Looks like noone really knows the cause of these issues though. My local Topping dealer told me they'd have the A70 Pro restocked mid September, and they were currently out of stock due to "component shortage" - don't know if I'll give it...
  9. S

It's a high gain problem as far as I'm aware so running low gain shouldn't cause any issues I wouldn't need to use high gain on my headphones so I'd probably be fine. That said I'm not investing money into something that "might" break down. I want a fully working product. Just knowing it might...
  10. S

Well I think it's weird to put "workarounds" in a flagship amp FAQ for potential problems concerning overheating and errors. Shouldn't be like that. That said, I can't understand why Topping won't address their customers. Is it safe to buy the A70 Pro these days? Will it fail or will it work...
  11. S

Ok. I'm curious what kind of headphones people got, that have experienced the hd dc abnormal error. When did you get yours? Seems to be little info coming off Topping so there's no real way to tell if it's safe to buy or not
  12. S

Your unit is working as intended on high gain with more demanding headphones?
  13. S

Well that's fair enough, however you said they were better, and sounded better. That sounded more like a claim rather than an assessment I honestly don't think the 90-series is "worse", I think they're both great at doing their own thing
  14. S

Well if you base that comment on your own ears I'd say that's highly subjective I might not think it does. There's a lot of reviews and talk in general about these two. Overall subtle differences both on paper and during practical use Why would you say the A70/D70 is better?
  15. S

True. From what I've seen, they're not very upfront or vocal on forums, Twitter/X, email and so forth. It's super annoying, as it's literally the simplest of things. Detracts from the overall experience of buying a premium product for sure. I'm on the fence between getting the A90D/D90SE or the...
  16. S

6 months with no failures altogether? I don't think that's possible for nearly any given brand. There will always be something
  17. S

I might be a future owner but I'm currently waiting for my local retailer to restock the black model. Hopefully those units will have no issues as been reported on Won't be until mid September due to what Topping allegedly stated as "component shortage" and a temporary halt in production -...
  18. S

I've seen a lot of reviews / opinions by owners claiming it delivers 'punchy' sound, would you agree? I guess this perception might vary due to what kind of headphones or IEM's your using
  19. S

After reading a lot of comments reporting faulty units, issues with overheating and that sort of thing I'm really not sure if this will be my next upgrade after all. I was just in touch with my local retailer and they were expecting a restock mid September. I was really looking forward getting...
Top Bottom