Search results

1. S

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

I am very interested in your results when you have them.
  2. S

Dirac Reviews

A/B - I prefer Dirac always on. It is marginally better than my best REW EQ efforts. The REW waterfall shows Dirac is cleaner. However a 3db downward slope at the high end in Dirac will measure flat in REW for my 2.1 setup so I adjust the Dirac room curve accordingly. I use a MiniDSP Flex...
  3. S

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Thanks. The MiniDSP Flex is my DAC as well as DSP. Just streamer + DAC(DSP) + power amp. I don't use the DAC in the Bluesound Node. So I can get HDMI and bluetooth headphone with Pi4 leaving Roon required for multiroom streaming? That's good. I would love the upgrade in sound quality that...
  4. S

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Yes. Maybe for example Bluesound Node + MiniDSP Flex? I can't find a better combo that provides the features that I use in a one system approach: HDMI BT Headphone Multiroom Dirac and REW Subwoofer intn Add to: Purifi amp Nice speakers I can't see other available options that don't involve...
  5. S

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Yes Flex works straight to power amp no problem.
  6. S

My OEM Car System has ruined HiFi for me. Thoughts?

Are you hooked up to sound on the motorcycle?
  7. S

Agree. As a listening environment a car is poor esp. at speed. Yet some aspects of car systems are unique and provoking. Maybe it's the near field effect, or instrument separation with many speakers at different heights. Often there is a quality to good car systems aside from the overall...
  8. S

Better in at least some respects surely possible?
  9. S

I had a similar experience with a Tesla. The sound had startling attack in the mid range and that started a home hifi upgrade journey. Many people post that electronics is "solved" now and I largely agree. I'm solely digital and mostly via TV so here is where I am: Streamer + DSP/DAC + Purifi...
  10. S

Do I "need" room correction

DSP can lift an average speaker's linearity, integrate subs, and tame many room effects esp. at lower frequencies. My audio priorities at the moment are 1. Dynamics at variable volumes esp. TV UT at natural voice levels 2. Authenticity of tone 3. Resolution IME DSP is effective only for 2...
  11. S

Any motorcyclists on this forum?

I respect the utilitarian vibes. I admired my economics teacher who in the late 70s rode a BMW R100. My first was a Yamaha RD350LC. Unforgettable. Sigh.
  12. S

Any motorcyclists on this forum?

It's interesting that some retro styled bikes are being described as providing an "analog" experience as a sales feature. I am exclusively digital in my audio sources and we have an EV, however I intend to enjoy ICE bikes while they last.
  13. S

Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier Review

Yes, SMB. I use MusicBrainz to organise the folders and find correct album art.
  14. S

No, it uses file share protocols. Here's the link: https://support.bluos.net/hc/en-us/articles/360000219867-Does-BluOS-support-UPnP-
  15. S

The storage device, file structure, and/or network may be factors? I changed to Synology and BluOs would only re index correctly when the library was deleted and re attached. Good luck.
  16. S

What a shame BluOs isn't working in your equipment setup. My experience has been very good with streaming services and with music library originally using NAD 658 and now Bluesound Node. My wife is adept at streaming radio and Spotify around the house. Granted finding Bluesound Pulse...
  17. S

NAD C298 Stereo Amplifier Review

Ditto. Bluesound Node digital into MiniDsp Flex XLR into NAD C298. Node and Flex replaced a NAD C658 and while Dirac was user friendly, tinkering with REW is just fine. I'll ensure fixed gain as per Amir's review.
  18. S

Why isn't there a product in the genre of NAD C658, Mini DSP SHD, Cambridge CXN that isn't a POS?

Yes it's a compromise in every direction. I had the c658 combined with c298 and was happy until reading reviews of the c658. How much difference can a DAC make after all? Then I though breaking up the streamer, DAC, and preamp might provide future flexibility. I loved the BluOS multi room...
  19. S

NAD M23

The NAD M66 streamer DAC preamp now validates the M23's existence. I'll stick with the down market c658 c298 combo which is good enough for my predominant TV, YouTube, and Spotify listening.
Top Bottom