Search results

1. A

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Nah, picture is not mine - although I live within 1km nearby and have plenty of photos, but all with people, so I opted for a stock one.
  2. A

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

You got that right! Soča is unforgettable! And the largest stone arch bridge damirj79 posted a picture of is actually in Solkan - now a suburb to Nova Gorica, but as a resident there I can not let it slip past..... The hill you see behind the bridge was taller by about 20 meters before the...
  3. A

ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2 Speaker Review

Yep, removed the grilles from twitters and they come more "alive", less dull and subdued. The guy here PressReader.com - Elac Debut B6.2 review australia measured them with and without main cloth grille. There's distinct difference in higher freq. response between cloth and no cloth. Similarly...
  4. A

Buckeye NC502MP 8-Ch Amplifier Teardown

hmmmm.... AC gets converted into DC inside the amps, each AC on its own phase gets converted into same DC, once you have DC, there's no phase issue.... If the rectifier implementation is done correctly. Not seeing how it would impact stereo image etc.
  5. A

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

Hey, for all of you that are using D10S on Raspberry Pi that is powered on 24/7 running some sort of Raspbian (including Volumio) - you can switch off the D10S by issuing a command: sudo uhubctl -p 2 -a off to turn it back on do: sudo uhubctl -p 2 -a on Please note that this commands will...
  6. A

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

Hey, I'm a new owner of a D10s DAC, feeding it data from Raspberry Pi 3 running Volumio. D10s is connected directly to Pi's USB port, no USB hubs or such things in between there. I read that D10s should go to sleep a few minutes after there is nothing to convert (play), but mine stays on all the...
  7. A

SMSL AO200, Lack of bass punch/definition with Elac debut 6.2's

I actually tried the AO200 with speakers of half declared wattage (and about same efficiency) of the DB6.2 but rated at 4Ω, and AO200 was able to drive them louder than the DB6.2 before distorting, but my impression was that speakers could take some more - I know those speakers really well as I...
  8. A

for low volume all day long background music I use SBD, for "critical" listening at moderate levels I set it to direct, for rocking hard I set the EQ to direct + enabled clipping protection. No complaints about bass all the way up to close to max levels when you can hear that the bass does not...
  9. A

I have the AO200 with Elacs DB6.2 combo. The bass is there, deep, clean and tight, loud enough, just not "overwhelming". And yes, AO200 is far from the advertised power. Below is an excerpt from MA12070 spec sheet (entire doc here...
Top Bottom