Search results

1. AdamFrandsen

Pro Ject DAC Box RS2

SINAD for Solid state based on their own measurement is: 106dB - 17.6 bits Tube: 70dB - 11.6 bits Average based on THD+N 0.001%: 100db - 16.32 bits Channel separation: 117dB@10khz@0dB Dynamic range: 124dB - 20.6 bits
  2. AdamFrandsen

sparkos ARIES

Believe those are transistors not IC opamps...
  3. AdamFrandsen

New speaker design by NOOB

I did get a little further changing the build quite a bit - but I did put it on hold for a while at least, mainly because I need the time to really invest in the project. Of course I discovered a lot of new stuff, when starting out researching this - read a lot on the Linkwitz site. So while I...
  4. AdamFrandsen

Discrete OpAmp Review: Sonic Imagery vs Sparkos

Anywhere in europe one can buy the weiss opamps?
  5. AdamFrandsen

LP for EQ

Yes, I understand: Digital part of my system: Mono block power amps, preamp, dac, dsp, streamer, source Analog part of my system: Mono block power amps, preamp, equaliser, phono stage, pickup, turntable, lp source If I measure with a DAC only, it wont take into account the sound...
  6. AdamFrandsen

LP for EQ

I can use an ADC for measuring the signal itself, but not how it sounds at my listening position - I also cannot play the dac through my phono stage or account for any characteristics of the turntable itself with the dac.
  7. AdamFrandsen

LP for EQ

Wonderful, sorry for missing that
  8. AdamFrandsen

LP for EQ

I am in the process of designing a 12 band LC EQ for the analogue side of my setup - between phono stage and preamp (MiniDSP is used before the DAC), and I am looking for an LP with sweeps/test tones etc., so I can still do the measurements with my UMIK 2 for setting the EQ. I haven’t had any...
  9. AdamFrandsen

Review and Measurements of Holo Audio May --- Probably the best discrete R2R DAC

I am in the process of trying to design one with an engineer - will see how far I get…
  10. AdamFrandsen

Review and Measurements of Holo Audio May --- Probably the best discrete R2R DAC

To achieve true 24bit I believe you need a resistor tolerance better than LSB of 0.00000596% (1/2^24) - VPG resistors that are the most precise are at 0.001% tolerance, that amounts to 16.61bits. The VPG resistors drift is max 0.002% per 2000 hours, so it already drifted too far for a 16bit dac...
  11. AdamFrandsen

Does anyone know if the FPGA in this provides dynamic error correction? The reason why I ask is because of resistor drift over time - my logic tells me an integrated chip like the TI dac11001B would be preferable to a discreet design, since it can be easily replaced... I am thinking a dynamic...
  12. AdamFrandsen

New Schiit Yggdrasil with TI chip

I agree with the pricing, it is getting out of hand. Also would have thought one would include super audio support on such a device as URD
  13. AdamFrandsen

I am trying to figure out if it is worth hiring an engineer on Fiverr to do a DIY Dac using this chip, and then afterwards leaving the schematics and PCB designs public, so we can get a well performing r2r at an affordable price - not 5000+ USD - which is ridiculous
  14. AdamFrandsen

Any full scale measurements of the B dac version of MIB, and can anyone tell me how this graph looks in the Yggdrasil implementation of the chip?
  15. AdamFrandsen

New speaker design by NOOB

Hi, I have done the following calculations and selections, and now I need help correcting any errors and would also appreciate any other inputs. If someone could also help make a pcb/schematic of the crossover, pads and BSC it would be amazing. I tried using easyEDA, but I cannot get the nets...
  16. AdamFrandsen

SMSL DP5 Music Streamer and DAC Review

Very frustrating! MQA's official website has it listed under supported streamers, shouldn't it theoretically support MQA as long as you use its analog outputs? Damn frustrating that this info isn't more clear...
  17. AdamFrandsen

SMSL DP5 Music Streamer and DAC Review

Trying to read through this thread but cannot figure out a question about MQA: Using mConnect / AK Connect streaming, does this fully decode MQA using balanced XLR's to active speakers, or does it do the MQA in the XMOS part of the USB input?
Top Bottom