Search results

1. B

Soundbar Replacement Advice

An alternative system I am considering is: ELAC Debut C6.2, B6.2, and SUB3010 Onkyo TX-NR6100 I understand this isn’t really comparable to the Monolith surround system, but would this be a reasonable alternative? And it appears I missed the sale on the M518HT - at least for now. ELAC is...
  2. B

Thanks! I was looking around again this morning and I was considering the following: Monolith M518HT THX Monolith THX-365C Denon AVR-X2700 or Onkyo TX-NR6100 Would that be a reasonable system? Thanks!
  3. B

I also I see that I can get an Onkyo TX-NR7100 9.2 channel AVR for the same price on sale. Would that be a better option? Thanks!
  4. B

Hi! I was looking on Amazon and see the X2800H on sale for $899.99. Does that sound reasonable? Is there a chance the price might go down more with Black Friday sales? I’m not familiar enough with these to know if the current sale price is at the low range. Thanks!
  5. B

Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll start researching that receiver and monitoring the price as we approach Black Friday sales.
  6. B

Yes, after some reconsideration (and reminder that Black Friday sales are right around the corner - thanks Danaxus) I decided to forgo the Q910 soundbar and go back to the drawing board. I can see without a doubt that my inexperience with AV equipment is on display. Since I have a functioning...
  7. B

I watched a few videos on home theater room configuration and our living room is less than optimal (e.g., 4 hallway openings, front entrance, no way to reasonably do any soundproofing). Also, it’s a little too big for the Monoprice Monolith system, which is a shame since it seems like a great...
  8. B

I found what appears to be a good deal on a Samsung Q910B soundbar ($645). After watching some videos on speaker placement for home theater systems, with how my living room is configured, I can’t imagine there would be much of a benefit going with a speaker/receiver system as opposed to a...
  9. B

Thanks! Considering the LG soundbar I’m having to replace is only 3 years old I was hesitant on getting another. But there are good deals (seems there is a reason for that) and I wanted to hopefully make use of my rear surround sound speakers I have with that system. But that shouldn’t be the...
  10. B

Thanks! I never heard of them until recently and was surprised when I saw all the great reviews.
  11. B

Will do. I realize there is a lot to learn and I’m trying hard not to make too many mistakes.
  12. B

Thanks! I was considering this system, though I wish it had a more dedicated center channel speaker. I see there is a THX option for $499, however adding that now would not be in the budget. You mentioned the size of the room. The room is 12 ft x 12 ft and I’m seated 8 ft from the TV. Would this...
  13. B

Sorry, I just realized I posted without hitting reply. Thanks again for the advice!
  14. B

Thanks! This gives me a lot to consider. As I mentioned it seems I’m at a crossroads, between investing in another soundbar/subwoofer or go “down the rabbit hole”. I ended up ordering a “renewed” Denon AVR-S760H receiver as a starting point to build around. I’ll need to look into whether it...
  15. B

Hi, the subwoofer for my LG SN9YG soundbar is no longer functioning (can’t figure out why), but it has me considering a replacement since there seem to be some decent sales going on now. I’m considering replacing my old soundbar with either: 1) LG S90QY soundbar 2) Klipsch Reference Cinema 5.1.4...
  16. B

Turntable and Speaker Set-up

Thanks. I ended up ordering an anti static gun. Hopefully it helps.
  17. B

Ugh, so I’ve just tried a leather turntable mat and I’m still getting static build up. My turntable is currently grounded to my speaker, but would it help to run a ground wire from the turntable to an outlet or something? Thanks!
  18. B

I should have noted that I have the Y-splitter cable arriving in the mail today. So I will be swapping out the single RCA cable connecting the speaker and the subwoofer that is currently shown in the photo.
  19. B

As recommended, here are some photos. Please let me know if there would be any other that would be helpful.
  20. B

Okay, I have finally got my turntable and speakers set up…thanks to everyone so far with the great advice. I was hoping I could describe my set up to get thoughts and advice. My system consists of the following: AT-LPW40WN turntable Kanto YU6 speakers Kanto SUB8 subwoofer I have connected the...
Top Bottom