Search results

1. C

apogee boom audio interface with dsp

I'm impressed with sound quality. AD/DA converters are superb. Sounds better than MOTU M2. Almost as good if not as good as Duet 3.
  2. C

Audient ID14 MKII, Motu M4 or Focusrite Clarett+ 2 Pre?

Now if you want tsomething hat sounds really high-end, for half the cost of competition, get Apogee BOOM. Blows MOTU M4 out of the water in terms of pure sound quality (conversion/implementation), preamps and a huge step up on headphone amp. Audiophile grade headphone output. Got me impressed...
  3. C

iD4 & iD14 MK II - Audient updated their Audio Interfaces

Sell it and get the Apogee Boom, with an audiophile-grade headphone amp. Doesn't just sound much better (AD-DA conversion/implementation/preamps), as headphone out has no comparison. Sound quality of this interface is terrific for the price. Sounds as good as Duet 3 (same analogue...
  4. C

Budget DAC Review: behringer UMC204HD

Does it sound as good as MOTU M2/M4?
  5. C

MOTU UltraLite-mk5 Review (Audio Interface)

Does this really sound better than MOTU M4?
  6. C

Recording quality of Motu mk5 vs M4

I agree. Had an Audient ID14 MK2, mainly for testing purpose, before buying M4, and MOTU's DA sounds better. I can't describe the differences now after a year or so, but they were noticeable and made me decide for the M4 without a second thought. I was trying to get as close as possible to an...
  7. C

Recording quality of Motu mk5 vs M4

lol. Doesn't ultralite, even mk3, make a difference in what you hear?
  8. C

Audient ID14 MKII, Motu M4 or Focusrite Clarett+ 2 Pre?

Update. After several A/B testing, Discrete 4 SC proved to win in sevral departments, so, in fact ID14 MK II is not quite there. But sounds amazing and confuses even trained ears. However I decided to test MOTU M4 and noticed a subtle difference, sounds even better, a shame I couldn't compare...
  9. C

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

With that pancreas? Better stay at home.
  10. C

Is that a selling point?? o_O
  11. C

Subjective listening matters and yes, the difference for Antelope is quite noticeable. Since I've read on forums that Duet 2 sounds incredibly good, got me curious as I have one here at 45 minutes from me. Maybe I still give it a try.
  12. C

Thanks for the response. But I can clearly hear the difference for an Antelope Audio Discrete 4 SC. Other league in terms of clocking, etc? My monitors are ADAM A7X.
  13. C

Is there any chance that Apogee Duet 2 can sound any better than MOTU M4?
  14. C

lol. Is this serious? :D
  15. C

To my ears, this M4 just sounds amazing at 96KHz, but truth is that It's not possible to use it at 96KHz without clicks and pops. Had to go back to 48KHz. I think this is CPU related, because it just happens when I use too many VST (like 10 or so - mostly Kontakt, but also others). My Ryzen...
  16. C

I have tried different USB ports, but always the same cable, which is better than most stock cables. MB is MSI X370 Krait Gaming, but I'm unable to update to latest BIOS, have to contact MSI.
  17. C

Actually the issue was not the RAM. I found I have never tested 96KHz at 2048 buffer size and it was the only thing I have not tested and that works above 48KHz. I believe my old PC does not meet M4's requirements. Would love to lose my mind and format the disk, but I don't believe this is the...
  18. C

The magic of the MOTU M4 is that D/A conversion at 96KHz on my ADAM A7X is pretty noticeable compared to 48KHz. It's almost as good as my Antelope Audio Discrete 4 SC. Sounds more open, increased separation and better treble and I need that for sound design and stuff. I guess I will replace the...
  19. C

I have never mentioned RAM latency. I meant buffer size (ASIO).
  20. C

Dudes, increasing RAM voltage (no OC), I'm able to work at 96000/2048 (only). But right now this is all I need. This was indeed RAM related. Thanks so much ;)
Top Bottom