Search results

1. B

Fosi v3 load dependency with Elac dbr62 - A problem?

I wonder if this is why I am not liking the V3 amp. I hear harshness around 6k HZ. It's a bit tizzy. EQuing to fix this is not working for me. I first tried Elac B62 but found them to bright. Now I find the same problem in the treble the DBR62 even though the highs are supposed to be more...
  2. B

Topping PA5 II Stereo Amplifier Review

I just heard about Hypex amps. Ilooked for pre-built models but they are very high in Canada.
  3. B

class D Amp recomendation for ELAC DBR62, under 300$

I'm following this thread because I have Elac dbr62 with Fosi Audio V3. Seems to have enough power, loud enough for me. However, I don't like the highs around 6000 Hz. Little tinny and exaggerated causing my ears to ring. Also kind of dull with little punch and snap at lower volumes. My room...
  4. B

New Schiit SYN - Analog Surround Sound Processor

SRS wow!, Q Dash sound. All kinds of devices have come out to produce a larger image from just two speakers. Most of them failed because you couldn't move your head. I've had carver SRSQ sound, and even the built-in sound card in my old PC had virtual speaker surround Cole Dolby Spruce. There's...
  5. B

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

What dac did you prefer to the su1?
  6. B

New system Vocal Distortion

I just returned the Elac B62. Will work on the room and get back to you all later. Thanks for the good feedback from everyone. Bob
  7. B

I know I need to fix the room. I'll try blankets on the shelvs. Don't have anywhere else to put them Lack of storage sppace here. The sound was mostly pretty good compared to the JBLs. Just those real high vocal harmonics I was most concerned about. I have headphones I like but I don't...
  8. B

I really am trying to discover if it is a component making things worse. I put the speakers in mono and the sound comes from the center. The WIIM streamer may be a bit bright. Maybe the Fosi v3 amp is also bright but I don't have any thing to compare to now. I turned the speakers upside down...
  9. B

The window is off to the right. Bare wall behind me. Moving around didn't change the perception of the very high frequencey distortion. I'm anxious to put some material behind the speakers. I do also close the drapes but that doesn't make much difference to that weird sound. I really need to...
  10. B

Ok. So maybe not the exciter.
  11. B

I guess we are talking about 2 kinds of distortion One being general grungyness that I think the B62 brings out as it is kind of analytical. I could deal with that by bringing down 4 and 8khz a couple db. The Aphex Aural Exciter. sound is what I think was also being accentuated at time by the...
  12. B

Hear is what my system looks like. Pretty low rent. I know it needs work. Did the picture turn out?
  13. B

Thanks for pointing me to the review. It seems only measured so high at 96db. I don't listen that loud. I wonder if that is what I hear. I don't hear much about 11k these days. I noticed I'm very sensitive to sounds just at the top of my range. Does the DBR62 have the same distortion?
  14. B

I would like to try a good amp with room correction like the Denon. I'm not sure it would be accessible to me without sight. Cost plus accessibility is a complex situation for me. I've heard good things about Denon.
  15. B

I notice that I hear quite a bit of echo at higher frequencies when I clap. I don't have any clap samples yet but will look for some. I will try to treat my room first before changing speakers or electronics. You all have given good advice to me. I may have to spend a lot because I'm not up...
  16. B

I sincerely wish I had a friend to help me! I can not use REW on my own. I tried. I also used Equalizer APO but haven't set up my old pc since I moved. It's just all to much for me these days.
  17. B

This is probably herisy but I loved Carver sonic holography, SRS, Qsound, and other stereo image processers. I don't have any of them now. Speaker positioning was paramount with any of those systems. I was amazed how close the Elacs came to the best imaging I had in the past, considering how...
  18. B

I wanted to try the 705's but just out of my budget. the 305's could sound quite good in my previous appartment but needed equalization there. similer room but a bit larger with carpet. Did real well pulled out in the room on stands. I don't have the space for stands now. So. Need to place...
  19. B

I think so too. Wasn't there something called an aural Exciter that was used to make vocals more exciting back in the 60s? A lot of my music is from 60s and 70s. Something in my setup (probably the room) seems to bring that out more. The Elac b62 may just be to analytical in that region. Bob
  20. B

My new hi-phi is really wonderful but... Vocals are often raspy. It sounds like a broken tweeter. About half of my music sounds wonderful. But some recordings really have a lot of squeakiness in voices. I've heard this on other systems. It's just more noticeable now. My new system...
Top Bottom