Search results

1. D

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

Yeah the perfect water according to SCA would have TDS 150ppm, with some Ca and Mg. I am lucky enough to live in a relatively soft water with high quality. A water softener and I am gooddd
  2. D

No denying their products, generally, have very good performance/price ratio. In this particular case of blind shaker however I wish I could support the original designer. As always it is nice to support innovation and R&D investment. If only it was not so overpriced.
  3. D

They were using that name deliberately I assume. As you can see it is almost the carbon copy of this https://weberworkshops.com/products/blind-shaker It is not a dosing funnel, at least not the common one that helps you grind directly to the portafilter. The idea is to grind in to this, then...
  4. D

Blind shaker. It was "invented" by Webex and popularized by Lance Hendrik. It improves EY quite a bit. Not necessarily better taste though
  5. D

The puck looks nicer. Probably less channeling but not significantly/too soon to tell. I made a shot that was probably the best with this coffee, but it is not blind tested so very, very biased
  6. D

one of the few times that I jumped the hype train. it works surprisingly well
  7. D

Why no cheap AVRs from Topping / SMSL etc.

easier said than done.
  8. D

You still don't get it do you? Denon x3800h at same price has everything except balanced input/output, and - DTS/DD/Atmos/Auro3D - Video processing including 4k/8k/HDR (DV/HLG) - Multiple HDMI inputs how can your Flex HTx compete with that except for a small number of audio enthusiasts? How do...
  9. D

AVP is a much niche market than AVR which itself is a niche market than soundbar. you are trying to justify your thoughts of an ideal product. yes that can be done. but it cannot be done cheaply enough to be competitive, and even more importantly, to be profitable. That is a critically important...
  10. D

what's about amplification? software? licensing? what's about power usage? we live in a free, competitive market. if you haven't seen a product in the market, it's simply not feasible/profitable doing so. Everyone can have idea. Feasible ideas are rare. Profitable ideas are even rarer. The...
  11. D

Famous to whom? they are still pretty unknown brands outside of "audio enthusiasts". because of you know them does not mean every potential buyer knows (and more importantly, trusts) them and it seems you underestimated the complexity of an AVR. let's put it like this: how many products SMSL...
  12. D

An AVR is way more complicated than what they have released. And they could not sell an AVR with the business model they have been running. People who are in the market for AVRs mostly go to established brands with strong distribution networks. Yes you might buy one, and your friend buys...
  13. D

Polk ES60 Tower Speaker Review

always nice to see a tower speaker review. thanks for doing the review and best of luck with your back @amirm!
  14. D

A surprise on Qobuz...

someone confused bit rate and bit depth ...
  15. D

A surprise on Qobuz...

I admit that it was how I imagined it - likely because I saw that before and first impression lasts. Is there an accurate graphic presentation of bitrate differences?
  16. D

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

For things that big? Well prepare to pay a lot
  17. D

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

It depends on the couriers. Most of them suck anyway
  18. D

it can be measured, but it is not audible

That is exactly the point. If it can't be measured, it is not audible. But it can be measured and still inaudible. Devices like APx555 have far exceeded human capacity for long.
  19. D

Please need help - Is the AVC-X4800H enough for my speakers?

I am using x4700h driving 5.1 and it is around < 1w total at normal playing loudness (idle = 83w, playing = 84w). So unless you play very loud (and in most cases, I'd be more worried about your ears or your neighbors) you'll be just fine.
  20. D

Hypex NCx1000 OEM

no it was a joke. McIntosh has 1.2kW monoblocks so people will find uses for this. or so they think.
Top Bottom