Search results

1. A

Audiophile hobby is a scam?

As far as audiophile headphones are concerned I think you should try planar magnetic headphones that don't have V-shaped frequency response. Hifiman Arya Steath and HE1000 Stealth are both very pleasant with and without EQ to Harman Target. For me Planar Magnetic driver techology was a breath of...
  2. A

Audeze MM-100

Does anyone know how to convert the graphic measurments to AutoEQ csv frequency response profile? I had my MM-100 unit measured by Sonarworks, here is the frequency response:
  3. A

Hifiman HE1000 Stealth - how to fix male vocals with EQ?

It seems that aftermarket pads reduce the gap between 1000-3000Hz, did you notice any sound/vocal improvements with them? If so, which of these 4 pads sound more neutral/balanced?
  4. A

It seems he measured a few more units since then and corrected his PEQ settings, now they sound more natural, a great alternative to the stock brighter Hifiman tuning. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mycfokop24t3l7c/Hifiman%20HE1000%20stealth.pdf?dl=0...
  5. A

New version of Sennheiser HD 560S (!)

solderdude, could you please suggest some EQ settings for the new version that should emulate your passive filter (if you already made one)? I bought my 560s in March 2023, and the Harman 2018 EQ profiles that were created for the first generation/version do more harm than good, including the...
  6. A

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

Chagall and solderdude, could you please share your settings for EqualizerAPO? Another way to EQ Sennheiser 800S (especially for classical music) is to use a convolution filter from Accurate Sound (I'm currently using the trial version) and so far 96000 Khz convolution filter seems to be the...
  7. A

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

So far the most pleasant EQ settings with a bass boost are from Amir (page 1). Sound is very natural and clear with these very special spacial qualities/soundstage/instrument separation. EQing to Harman target kills 800s in my opinion, it starts sounding very average with a poor bass quality...
  8. A

Sabaj A20d 2023 DAC & HP Amp Review

On Windows 10 it works fine with a built-in USB Audio 2.0 driver, so it should work on modern Linux versions as well without any issues (just make sure your Linux version supports USB Audio 2.0). It also works on Windows 7 with Sabaj XMOS driver 5.0 which can be obtained via opening Sabaj...
  9. A

I use it on Windows, and so far the horrible noise problem is only with 44100 and 88200 sample rates. I suppose Sabaj or AKM used separate microchips to process 44100 (x2, x4) and 48000 (x2, x4) sample rates and the one that is responsible for 44100 broke down for some reasone, perhaps because I...
  10. A

I received my unit in the middle of September (I bought it on hifi-express_com. It worked fine until today. I have the same problem - noise instead of music with the sample rates 44100 and 88200. The sample rates 48000, 96000, 192000, 384000 continue to work normally. This is really sad, that...
  11. A

Is it possible that the Sabaj A20d amp in High Gain doesn't give enough current through balanced output to drive 32 Ohm planar headphones that have 93 dB sensitivity (HE1000 Stealth)? It seems to me that when I add -6db preamp in EqualizerAPO I can feel more bass turning Sabaj volume knob...
  12. A

The default one (sharp roll-off). You may try others, but I guess only one in million can hear the difference. You may hear the difference if you change sound color settings (it changes an operating frequency of the built-in resampler in the dac)
  13. A

Hifiman Edition XS - poor highs?

majingotan, do you have a theory as to why Dan Clark Aeon X Open sound perfect to you WITHOUT EQ yet their preference rating before EQ is only 62. (After EQ though it goes up to 100). It looks like Harman curve may need a special planar over-ear version if such a bass boost over Harman target...
  14. A

HE1000 Stealth also doesn't require EQ, it has a warm sound signature on the bright side with a large soundstage. I just though why not try some EQ tweaks since most headphones benefit from it. I didn't try the Susvara, but according to the measurments below it should have a similar sound...
  15. A

Here are my current EQ settings (so far the best sound, it feels like the headphone value doubled). Many thanks to Oratory for correctly identifying the treble peaks (5100 Hz and 7900 Hz). A slight deviation (a tiny dip between 650 and 800 Hz) from the Harman target made a huge difference, the...
  16. A

Choosing headphones under 500-600$ in 2023

Take a look at their frequency response, the mids and bass seem to be better on Ananda Nano, but they both have treble peaks: Anando Nano: youtu.be/V16Y6h22nSE?t=351 Ananda Stealth: vsg.squig.link/?share=Harman_2018_Over-Ear_Target,HIFIMAN_Ananda_(2022_Stealth_Magnets) Perhaps you may be...
  17. A

Choosing headphones under 500-600$ in 2023

Full size (oval) Hifiman will be the best bang for buck. Sundara (and probably other round Hifiman headphones) is a failure in my opinion, they managed to reduce its weight to look good on paper yet at the same time made it extremely uncomfortable.
  18. A

Jeromeaudi, I had the same problems with Topping DX3 pro+ (its headphones jack broke down the first day) and SMSL C200 (arrived with a broken headphones jack). Their quality control is questionable. So far Sabaj A20d 2023 has worked for two days without issues. I recommend you buy a tiny and...
  19. A

Thank you. I tried Oratory's EQ settings, but some vocals were still sounding recessed/distant. So far I prefer the following EQ settings for vocals (I compared them at the same negative level of preamp gain with Oratory's): Preamp: -3.45 dB Filter: ON PK Fc 25 Hz Gain 3.4 dB Q 0.5 Filter: ON PK...
  20. A

Sound Blaster X1, Topping DX3 pro+ and SMSL C200 review based upon Arya Stealth and HE1000 Stealth

Here are my two cents. Once upon a time I was using DT880 600ohm headphones with Sound Blaster X1 dongle. One day I watched a very positive review about Topping DX3 pro+, so I decided to try it thinking maybe I'm missing something with my Sound Blaster X1. After extensive testing for a few...
Top Bottom