Search results

1. CleanSound

Master thread on using E1DA Cosmos ADCiso as an audio analyzer (crowd sourced)

@VintageFlanker @GXAlan We could use some of your expertise here :D
  2. CleanSound

Any issues with using the SMSL D-6S as the DAC to build out this audio analyzer? According to Amir's measurement, there's no ESS hump and SINAD is 121dB. And it's super cheap.
  3. CleanSound

[Admin/Moderator - If there are any changes you would like to see, please let me know.] [Last Updated (mm/dd/yyyy): 2/22/2024] Hi All, If you are a regular ASR member, you will notice that many members here uses the E1DA Cosmos ADCiso as part of a high precision audio analyzer setup (if you...
  4. CleanSound

Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX Review

So I thought about it. But I'm a still salty after I offered Amir to test a Wharfedale I have, he told me that other members complains about him testing older models that's not vintage; then about two weeks later, what does he do? He tested an older gear that is no longer on sale that's also...
  5. CleanSound

Revel M16 as well, which will now go into my wife's office.
  6. CleanSound

I just order a pair.
  7. CleanSound

The term "bright" is subjective to different people. Your meaning for bright is different from at least mine. When I hear people say a speaker is bright or too bright, it just means that the high frequency is elevated, relative to the rest of the frequency response.
  8. CleanSound

With speakers, any "burn in" is only few hours to loosen up the spider and surround.. So a tad bright?
  9. CleanSound

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

In 2024, considering what inflation is today, $668 for a passionate college HiFi hobbyist is doable.
  10. CleanSound

Most of these Chinese products, aren't so expensive to begin with. A SOTA Chinese DAC is $900USD, even if you sell it for $$450USD, it's not a big deal, assuming you kept it for at least two years. Ever since I started to buy standalone DACs, 4 years ago, it only have been Chinese DACs, I have...
  11. CleanSound

At least he doesn't believes in cables.
  12. CleanSound

Didn't even know they were review, apparently these were designed before David got his NFS.
  13. CleanSound

It's crazy to be in the HiFi hobby today. This guy at $300 + a pair of Ascend Acoustics CBM-170SE at $368, total $668 and you have a very high fidelity system. That's a streamer, DAC, looks to be a very basic DSP in there as there is EQ, integrated amp, and a pair of excellent speakers. This...
  14. CleanSound

Both power sweep graph are labeled for 8 ohms. Typo?
  15. CleanSound

Audio Precision APx516B Review

I get it that it's a lot of labor for the software, but I find the value proposition very hard to justify. A small company like Topping, spends $35k on the AP, then what? $5k/yr on the software. $40k for first year of ownership, they have to sell what 90 units of the D90III to cover that cost...
  16. CleanSound

Audio Precision APx516B Review

Such device exists already, Cosmos ADC. Ivan just need to make an unit that has the scaler, the APU and ADC and a DAC all in one with built in power supply.
Top Bottom