Search results

1. L

ATC speakers / Monitors

I have 8030C and when the KH150 arrived I briefly thought the same. But then my feeling was that the 8030s could be a little brighter. Anyway, I have dialled down the KH150 top end by 1db. Needless to say, the KH150 are superior speakers and the best I have ever had (I am ex ATC owner).
  2. L

Most suitable portable headphone amp for Dan Clark Expanse/Stealth

Thank you Tifune. Looks like I'll only get the required power from... mains powered amp.
  3. L

I haven't bought any amp yet so thank you for your comment. Yeah, I could just use a small desktop amp.
  4. L

Harbeth Monitor 30 Speaker Review

Oh, I see. Mine are from 1999. It's a safe sound. Many people would probably like it and can live with it forever. However, when you play KH150 side by side, the 'Compacts' are nowhere near as clear. Clarity is the word that comes first to mind with Neumanns; Bass goes deeper and it's stronger...
  5. L

I don't understand this: "NOOOOO - The C7-ES2 is NOTHING REMOTELY like the C7-X", as a response to my: "It is C7ES-2, so I guess from the same era as the one reviewed here". I am saying that the C7ES2 is from the same ear as the speaker of this review, the Monitor 30.
  6. L

It is C7ES-2, so I guess from the same era as the one reviewed here.
  7. L

Sorry, but your post looks like copy/paste from Harbeth promo material. Anyway, I have Harbeth and Neumann KH150 here, playing side by side, and I can tell you that speech/voice is definitely more intelligible thru Neumanns. No doubt about it. Also, everything sounds better on them, regardless...
  8. L

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Worst - AVI DM12. £3000 of nightmare. Best - Neumann KH150
  9. L

Did You Buy Based On Amir's Review?

Yes. Genelec 8030C Neumann KH150 RME ADI-2 DAC fs Truthear IMEs Topping D10 Topping DX3 Pro JDS Labs Atom +
  10. L

Does you love of gear exceed your love of music?

I rarely read about music, I always read about gear. Before I started reading forums I always enjoyed music. Now - 10 pair of speakes and tons of gear later - I'm rarely satisfied with the sound. Forums - and as a result - gear, It's like an (alcohol) addiction. Now I would need to completely...
  11. L

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

As a documentary photographer I have made a few good stories here in Stoke. It can be 'picturesque', depending how you look at it. btw. my picture was taken from one of the windows of Staffs Uni building. I could take another picture from a different window of - say - Catalyst Hi-Tech cool...
  12. L

Didn't know we have any other forum members from Stoke.
  13. L

No, unfortunately I don't. I lived here 18 years. I can't wait to move out. Should happen soon. Almost any place/city got its good and bad. Stoke is mostly bad.
  14. L

Stoke on Trent, England :D
  15. L

Planning to get Stealth or Expanse headphones. I was wondering which headphone amp would be the best (in terms of power) for either of these? Plan is to use iPhone (or MacBook) as a source. Are there any audiable benefits of having a separate dac? I am going to use the rig in various rooms at...
  16. L

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

Nice stands. Do you know what are they, please?
  17. L

Can one of you gurus rescue me from my brain

Yes, Sent signal from a dac's rca outs to a pair of the receiver rca input.
  18. L

Can one of you gurus rescue me from my brain

I use Apple Camera adapter https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MK0W2ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter and I got hires from iPad (or iPhone) over usb
Top Bottom