Search results

1. Trackball02

Yamaha NS-5000

Time for a shoot out! The NS 1000 (ebony wood) are on custom 1 inch sand filled tubular steel stands and 3 inch casters to match the driver height of the NS 5000. The NS 5000 are on the stock stands, installed GAIA footers and elevated on 3 in solid walnut butcher blocks (I prefer the tweeters...
  2. Trackball02

Can plants act as sound diffusers ?

Dal1as, Thank you for your suggestions.
  3. Trackball02

HTH - Don, Thanks for your advice. My room is 17.5 feet by 22 feet, with the TV along the shorter wall. I have heavy thermal black out curtains to cover the windows on the sides and rear of the room. I did notice a lot of improvement with the rear wall curtains from reflections. The sides of...
  4. Trackball02

DonH56, I'm attaching a photo showing the speakers and back wall, the dimensions between the speakers and distance from the rear wall as previously described. Along the bottom of the TV are 3, 2ftx2ft, diffusers for a total of 6 ft length, and to each side are 3ft x 5ft large and heavy diffusion...
  5. Trackball02

I have a 77" OLED TV mounted between my floor standing speakers. The speakers are separated by 8 ft and are 3 feet from the rear wall where the TV is mounted. I'm looking to diffuse the sound off the TV surface, not absorb. Anyone have suggestions on the material type, such as a movable curtain...
  6. Trackball02

Most idiotic subjective review comments

Don't forget "Ultimate"
  7. Trackball02

Audiophile jewelry - most beautiful Cd players, turntables and other gear

Nothing beats Yamaha styling; this monster receiver is part of my den system.
  8. Trackball02

Audiophile jewelry - most beautiful Cd players, turntables and other gear

Totally, agree. I still have mine and it sounds fantastic.
  9. Trackball02

Yamaha NS-5000

I'm in the Pasadena area, yes, both the NS 1000 and NS 5000 are in the same room, I am currently keeping the NS 1000 on the side, in order to optimize the NS 5000, I recently acquired a new amp and breaking things in. Impressive project you have going with your NS 1000s, I wish you are nearby...
  10. Trackball02

Yamaha NS-5000

Jim, Not an easy feat to ship a NS 5000 (and possibly a NS 1000) single speaker, let me think about it! J.
  11. Trackball02

Yamaha NS-5000

gvl, I'm in the SoCal region. I have a pair of the NS-1000 (ebony wood) that I upgraded the crossover (using stock capacitor values) and replaced the binding posts, and installed them on top of 1" steel sand filled stands. Killer speakers. Staying in the same theme, I now have a new pair of...
  12. Trackball02

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker, and wanted to join the AS forum. I'm Jay in the Los Angeles area, and I really appreciate the objective measurements and comments, great going everyone! Science rules! I've been slowly upgrading my system, and wondering how I can get some of my gear...
Top Bottom