Search results

1. TheLastGerman

Audio interface with SPDIF out

https://www.esi-audio.com/products/u24xl/ https://audient.com/products/audio-interfaces/id14/overview/
  2. TheLastGerman

miniDSP Dirac Live causing imaging problems

I feel the same way as you do. In addition, if I switch off the delay compensation, the sound stage expands, but not to the same extent as without Dirac. Limiting the correction to below the Schröder frequency has the same effect. I think that the latter is actually a malfunction. I suspected...
  3. TheLastGerman

Topping PA5 II Stereo Amplifier Review

I'll let you know about that in a private message.
  4. TheLastGerman

Yes, that is a bit misleading. As you know, loudspeakers with integrated amplifiers are called active loudspeakers. This also applies to those that, as in my case, do not have a passive crossover and thus the tweeters and midwoofers are each operated with their own amplifiers and upstream active...
  5. TheLastGerman

My active speakers love to be driven by a pair of PA5 IIs :)
  6. TheLastGerman

Hello both: How about opening a separate thread for that? :mad:
  7. TheLastGerman

Such "scholars' controversies" are boring and add nothing to the matter ... :rolleyes:
  8. TheLastGerman

I checked the capacitors in question in my Pa5 II: The marked ones have a ground reference, all others do not. The latter are therefore most likely in the signal path. I am tempted to swap the unmarked ones for Nichicon Muse bipolars ... :rolleyes:
  9. TheLastGerman

Does anyone know the type of plug fitted to the power supply of the PA5 II?
  10. TheLastGerman

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

Maybe this is of some interest for some DM7 users: https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/interest-in-balanced-line-receiver-boards.403274/
  11. TheLastGerman

Great music - but recording unfortunately is "meh"...

MGMT - Oracular Spectacluar Not exactly one of my favorite albums, but a splendid example for mutilation by dynamic range compression and digital clipping. (Picture taken from )
  12. TheLastGerman

A Call For Humor!

If you laugh you'll go to hell ...
  13. TheLastGerman

Good choice, great value for the money. The PA5 II surely is a very good match.
  14. TheLastGerman

I only buy from trustworthy and established domestic or European vendors and never, ever from Alibaba or anywhere else where I may not be able to enforce my consumer rights or the return shipping costs are economically nonsensical. EU law applies here, according to which the consumer is entitled...
  15. TheLastGerman

Actually it is a 50Hz test tone.
  16. TheLastGerman

No optical illusion. A curious child can easily insert something conductive there and set off fireworks.
Top Bottom