Search results

1. Jim Creek

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

How many of us are going to last 50 years?
  2. Jim Creek

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

The Monitor Audio Silver 100 Gen 6 in the Rosenut wood finish is by far THE most beautiful speaker ever made due to its wood finish and simple elegance. The red-ish wood finish sets off the silver woofer and tweeter drivers. Gorgeous!
  3. Jim Creek

All About UFO's

No need to worry about UFOs, this planet has more serious problems. Human induced global warming, plastics in the ocean, species extinction are more pressing issues.
  4. Jim Creek

VTV Purifi Eval-1 build

The first link is to the VTV Eigentakt Eval 1. That is the one that I bought for $999. I can recommend it after using mine for 6 months. As a side note, it is weird that you can buy a fully assembled amp for less money than a DIY project from parts.
  5. Jim Creek

My Bad Luck With Phono Preamps

The Art Precision phono preamp is compatible with both MC and MM cartridges. I use a Denon DL 103 and an Audio Technica AT95ML with the Art Precision phono preamp. It's a very good phono preamp except it is not shielded foe RFI. Le préampli phono Art Precision est compatible avec les cellules...
  6. Jim Creek

I use a MC, the Denon DL103. Yo uso una MC, la Denon DL103.
  7. Jim Creek

Purifi Amps - Top Choice or No?

I’ve had my VTV Eigentakt for about 6 months. I just love it. Kicks ass.
  8. Jim Creek

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

Shouldn’t that be covered by the warranty?
  9. Jim Creek

Aliens can no longer control my phono preamp.
  10. Jim Creek

Thanks for your ideas. I created an aluminum foil covered box for my Art. It works! The Art is completely silent now. The foil must be grounded to the ground screw on the Art though. It was a fast and easy solution. The Art is immune from RFI and evil controlling Alien messages. It looks ugly...
  11. Jim Creek

Skepticism can be a good thing. All I can say is I’m dealing with the problem as an RFI issue and have been successful in reducing the noise to near imperceptible by strategic placement of the Art. Under normal listening the RFI is a non-issue now.
  12. Jim Creek

The evidence for RFI is somewhat conclusive. Both Art units had the same problem with RFI. The further from the wireless router the more diminished the noise. My Mani 2 did not have any problem with RFI. What would you conclude from that?
  13. Jim Creek

This is my second Art Phono Pre. I sent the first one back thinking it was defective. Since it's prone to RF interference I guess it does have a design flaw, but I’m going to keep it. Truth be told, I rather like the ease of switching between MM and MC. I like the gain control. All in all it...
  14. Jim Creek

YES, you nailed it. I experimented by moving the Art as far away from the wireless router as possible. The “putt…putt….putt” diminished the further away from the router. I found the cause on my own but you just confirmed my finding. The noise is still there if I max out the Art gain, the...
  15. Jim Creek

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Let’s see, my SMSL DO100, Mani 2, Modi Heretic, Topping Pre90, were bought after reading the reviews here.
  16. Jim Creek

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

I have a VTV Purifi Eigentakt with a Topping Pre90. I love this combination. The bass is very good, deep, well controlled. The overall sound is clean, transparent and full. My previous amp was an Emotiva A300. The Eigentakt is better. This is just my subjective opinion.
  17. Jim Creek

My Schiit Mani 2 phono preamp developed a problem after 1.5 years, still under warranty. The left channel became dominant while the right channel became very weak. Of course this shifted the soundstage way to the left. I tried numerous configurations with cables, cartridges headphones, etc. I...
  18. Jim Creek

VTV Purifi Eval-1 build

The Eigentakt is the one I purchased and gave a brief review. The Eigentakt is the original amp designed by Bruno Putzeys that he used as a demo to allow reviewers to hear and evaluate. I actually recommend to NOT purchase the special model that offers a choice of buffers. It’s more expensive...
  19. Jim Creek

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

I used to own a pair of Magnepan MMGs which preceded the LRS. They sounded great with certain types of recordings. “Kind Of Blue” sounded amazing thru them, but they did more poorly on orchestral music and many rock recordings. Eventually I sold them.
  20. Jim Creek

All About UFO's

Common sense. Developing FTL technology is such an incredible advancement that detection avoidance would be relatively easy.
Top Bottom