Search results

1. S

MiniDSP Flex HTx

Do the HDfury units have capability to decode dolby 5.1 and convert down to 2.1?
  2. S

New KEF speaker?

its meta paint so no optical waves can escape...a black abyss
  3. S

New KEF speaker?

black leather Ls60
  4. S

New KEF speaker?

the black finish looks textured almost like leather. active "lifestyle" product???
  5. S

New March Audio Ukkonen Speaker

The sointuva uses passive radiators and does not have open ports. The ukknonen appears to be ported and does not have passive radiators. Looks like the ukkonen page has some pictures of the sointuva to show wood finish options which is cause for confusion.
  6. S

March Audio Sointuva

I asked Alan what he uses when I ordered mine and he said Osmo Clear Satin
  7. S

Buckeye Amps 2ch Integrated Amplifier

Wow, this is just a perfect streamlined feature set with with dirac and hdmi. Well done! Are you planning two channel output with the dirac? Or 2.2 with Dirac bass control capability?
  8. S

yeah I get it and acknowledged that (see post #41). Buckeye provides a high value and probably at low margin which I appreciate. No reason to be so rude in your post though...
  9. S

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

Ive inquired with minidsp about dirac bass control as well in the past. They responded that their policy is not to discuss or disclose future plans / time line with the public. On the opposite end of spectrum we have companies lie NAD that advertise features (e.g. dirac bass control for the...
  10. S

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

I believe ARC Genesis on the STR also has automated phase adjustment for subwoofers which the DIRAC version available on the SHD cannot do. Dirac bass control would be way more powerful in this regard if/when minidsp is able to incorporate it into the SHD.
  11. S

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

One work around is to offer an automated room correction option like Dirac. not as easy to fiddle with and mess up as direct PEQ input. This seems to be becoming more common place in TVs and sound bars now (e.g., sonos uses your cell phone mic, some TVs have a mic build into the remote or use...
  12. S

March Audio Sointuva

What is the rated sensitivity for the new version? I didnt see it stated anywhere. March website states 83.5 dB @ 2.83V @ 1 m but this looks like for the old version
  13. S

March Audio Sointuva

The cabinet options + performance make these a great choice. I have an earlier pair built in birch ply that came out really nice.
  14. S

Dirac would be much preferred and inclusion of dolby decoding with down sampling to 2.1 would be a real differentiator compared to what is available.
  15. S

you need to keep us going with a few more teasers :)
  16. S

looking forward to the details and specs :)
  17. S

SVS Micro 3000 high pitch whine

All they said was the new amplifier should resolve the issue. I still have not had a chance to install the new amp module so can’t confirm the fix myself. Been on my to do list for way too long
  18. S

SVS Micro 3000 high pitch whine

I had this same issue with one of mine but I’m in the US so was able to deal direct with svs. Fwiw they did not ask that I send my sub in for inspection and sent a replacement amp right away.
  19. S

any hints as to what sort of room correction features may be included? I assume something like dirac is difficult/impossible to incorporate as a smaller business?
  20. S

Arcam AV40 AV Processor Review

Any AV40 / AV41 users here? I am contemplating getting one to implement a 2.2 system with DIRAC Bass Management. had a few questions: 1. Any remaining bugs, software issues or hardware issues? 2. Any issues or bugs with setting up DIRAC specifically the bass control feature? thanks!
Top Bottom