Search results

1. Blumlein 88

Looking for amp for weird amp to drive weird subwoofer

https://orchardaudio.com/stereo-rca-xlr-module/ This is a bit pricey for what it does. But it is a clean active conversion to balanced output including up to 8 db gain. Price is $299. Might greatly increase the number of possible solutions for you. If the Russound is enough obviously a much...
  2. Blumlein 88

Moving mic vs. averaged vs. single point measurements - which is better?

This is the best paper I've seen on MMM. Note among other details that most people move the microphone much too fast. The paper mentions some call the proper MMM measurement as the Tai Chi method when you do it at the proper slow speed. It also notes MMM gives much closer repeatable results...
  3. Blumlein 88

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

So I'm assuming classical test tones are based on 432 hz?
  4. Blumlein 88

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

I thought it was not necessary to ban, because no one who is a member listens to anything except test tones. Was I mislead? Surely super best friends wouldn't do that.
  5. Blumlein 88

RSL C34E MKII In-Ceiling Speaker Review

I forgot that one had been tested. Good reason to think the less expensive versions would be better than most of these non-coaxial ceiling speakers.
  6. Blumlein 88

Show us your Cars

The color is burnt orange.
  7. Blumlein 88

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/extron-xpa-1002-plus-amplifier-review.35557/ These people make an XPA 2002 which also can be bridged. Is auto sensing. I'm not sure where to buy them, other than ebay. They've made this model for a number of years and it sure is not...
  8. Blumlein 88

This should work for you. Can be bridged into 450 watts with .7 volt for rated output. Has signal sensing input. It does have volume controls, but you don't have use it after you set the level. Don't know much about this brand...
  9. Blumlein 88

Would the QSC amp you list work for you bridged? Doubles power output. Reaches that at 1.23 volts input. Would seem ideal for what you need. https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=605030 This Monoprice amp bridged also fits except for no signal sensing. That is probably going to be the fly...
  10. Blumlein 88

Full size preamplifier options with or without DAC

This just bypassed the active line stage which provided gain. So you get switching and volume control. According to reports the output impedance was rather high in this mode as it basically just became a passive volume pre going thru a pot.
  11. Blumlein 88

RSL C34E MKII In-Ceiling Speaker Review

Yes, seems like the ceiling speaker cries out for a decent coaxial speaker if you want a good result. KEF does make a few 6.5 inch and 8 inch coaxial ceiling speakers at prices around or less than what the last Revel cost. https://us.kef.com/products/ci200qs...
  12. Blumlein 88

Show us your Cars

A Volvo Camino?
  13. Blumlein 88

PCM vs DSD

MQA looks to be on the ropes, but DSD seems like it is not going to take a deserved trip to the dustbin of history.
  14. Blumlein 88

Are MBL omnidirectional speakers worth the $$$?

Way back when most frats had a couple of the big Cerwin Vegas for parties. It seemed the de facto goto for those days. There was the one with a pair of old K-horns in the corner of a wide open basement dance floor to the frat house. Talk about getting loud if needed. Proper corner placement...
  15. Blumlein 88

A Call For Humor!

While sort of true, I don't think much about this. Bayer was part of IG Farben which was a huge conglomerate. It was split up after the war and Bayer as a pharmaceutical company continued. Not sure that is the same as being the same company exactly. It is like some of those insurance...
  16. Blumlein 88

Revel C783 In-Ceiling Speaker Review

You are right about that. Wasn't thinking of the port. So I'd still like to see what to expect of a small ceiling mounted 2 way either sealed or with a front port. Usually ceiling joists are at least 2x8 so 7.5 inches of space. If a one story structure then effectively unlimited space above...
  17. Blumlein 88

There is in many ceilings. Which is where I thought these would go.
  18. Blumlein 88

If you mounted a baffle around something like a Revel M106 and tested it the same way what would the results turn out to be? I'm assuming someone could take the spin-o-rama and show such a result. It wouldn't be very hard to mount such a speaker in the ceiling and cover it with some cloth.
  19. Blumlein 88

Solid upgrade from Motu M2?

I think any real upgrade will cost significant money. How much is the budget?
  20. Blumlein 88

DACs/Audio Internals of Sony Car Stereos & Kef Powered Speakers - Sick of Audiophile Equipment

Why don't you get a few of your favorite tracks and EQ them in Audacity. Save the EQ'd file and play it. I can offer some tips about how to fix sibilance or edginess. Then listen and see if that is all that is needed to fix your sound to your liking. I and others can assure you that...
Top Bottom