Search results

1. Mario Sanchez

Can't decide between Neumann kh150 and kh310, help needed

Or you can get a mesh desktop! It's probably better this way, as desktop reflections, especially if you're listening at a close-ish distance, might have a variable effect on the response, depending on where you are in relation to the speaker. Needless to say, compensating for this moving...
  2. Mario Sanchez

PURIFI finally did a fully purified passive speaker design! The SPK 16 prototype is here - with a PTT tweeter

maybe because this is still somewhat in a "demo unit" stage? They might sort this out when it hits production, and besides, the screws are round-headed, so less influence versus cup-headed and others from a diffraction standpoint.
  3. Mario Sanchez

PURIFI finally did a fully purified passive speaker design! The SPK 16 prototype is here - with a PTT tweeter

I would also like to add that KEF has a much larger part around the tweeter built as a fixed "cup" rather than part of midrange diaphragm compared to usual coaxial designs, which may have helped alleviate the on-axis scrap we see so much on co-ax drivers. They probably patented this as a part of...
  4. Mario Sanchez

QC Spook regarding the new KEF R Meta

That would be a possibility, but if it did then I'll know what hit me, and the eventual RMA process would probably be faster with a known suspect.
  5. Mario Sanchez

I'll amend that my unit wasn't buzzing either, the sweep sounded conspicuously colored like my recently retired JBL 306P, which also had a THD rise in the upper mids section, and unlike the first R6M unit I received, which is what prompted the measurement.
  6. Mario Sanchez

It might have to do with KEF's fairly intricate design around the tweeter part of its drivers, which would give a tendency for particles stuck inside it to throw a proverbial brick into the operation of the system. It's just that there also happens to be particulates on the driver and the...
  7. Mario Sanchez

Yes, the particles appears to be sawdust, they are also quite fine in size.
  8. Mario Sanchez

The glitch has been resolved, so there needn't be a RMA case, but I am curious if there's a better way for end-users to report possible product concerns (I already included the SN, so if they wish to track it down it should be possible) to KEF. I am leaving country by the end of the week and...
  9. Mario Sanchez

KEF R Series with MAT white paper

Thank you! I'm trying to reverse the allpass behaviour of my R6Meta (now with a "s" for plurality) around the crossover, so this information is of great assistance.
  10. Mario Sanchez

Greetings, fellow members of ASR. I recently laid my eyes on the new KEF R Meta series, purchasing one R6 Meta unit first and ordering two more for LCR duty a few days back, which arrived earlier today. It was a pleasant surprise as the projected arrival time is quite a bit later this week, but...
  11. Mario Sanchez

KEF and their slopping response, neutral ?!

If I catch it right, somewhere along the line before the launch of the Blade and Reference Metas there's been a bit of a paradigm shift in KEF's engineering target, and now the goal is to provide as smooth of a sound power response as possible, while permitting some On-Axis/Listening Window...
  12. Mario Sanchez

Distortion problem?

You can examine the drivers in relative isolation without taking them out by making a measurement very close to the driver itself, maybe you can try that to see if the issue is in individual driver or is something more extensive?
  13. Mario Sanchez

Klipsch RPC1080 LCR Review

Would tilting the baffle be a possibility, or would that interfere with the mechanical operation of the NFS?
  14. Mario Sanchez

KEF R3 meta Measurements

Has there been any updates on the R6 Meta measurement?
  15. Mario Sanchez

Distortion problem?

Might I suggest taking the tweeter out to test if the driver itself is complaining?
  16. Mario Sanchez

Can a little bit more information be provided on the crossover topologies? Seems like a 2nd order one between the uni-q midrange and the tweeter, but can't be sure...
  17. Mario Sanchez

It's all nice and dandy, and I love how the R6 Meta somehow doing away with the 7-8KHz DI dip present on the R3,5 and 7. There's just one gripe: can we have a rubber mallet packed into the box to deal with the shadow flare? My unit arrived with the ring about a milimeter out. It'd be lovely to...
  18. Mario Sanchez

New Kali Audio monitor

I'd say something more inline with the whole "shadow flare" thing except without the issues associated with mating a plastic ring to a MDF cabinet, as it's integrated into the baffle piece.
  19. Mario Sanchez

Neumann KH120 II

The new one looks much more similar to the kh150 and 80, some sort of new design paradigm for them perhaps. I guess they'll be changing the cab material to be more in line with the rest of the KH series(MDF frame with PC front baffle) as well?
  20. Mario Sanchez

Kef R Meta Series Release

Interestingly, most KEFs seem to feature a Sound Power bump/ On-Axis dip/DI drop (different faces of the same coin) right around the crossover region between the coax cone and the tweeter, the exception being Blade and Reference, which if I'm not mistaken uses a slightly different uni-Q design...
Top Bottom