Search results

1. Jinjuku

Review and Measurements of Wireworld Starlight 7 USB Cable

Can I send you a Belkin Gold USB Cable for testing. It's a go to cable that I have recommended others use.
  2. Jinjuku

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

Really impressive considering the $$ to channel ratio.
  3. Jinjuku

Oh... the insanity! (audiophiles switches)

Welcome to the boards. The current argument the subjectivist is proposing isn't about the actual data anymore. That was their argument perhaps 6/7 years ago but they've been taken to task and they no longer trot out that dog and pony. Now it's about 'phase noise' or some other, as yet...
  4. Jinjuku

Oh... the insanity! (audiophiles switches)

Unfortunately a lot of people don't understand they are listening to a buffer and nothing is real-time off the cable.
  5. Jinjuku

Budget DAC Review: behringer UMC204HD

Thanks for the quick review and scope's. Agree 100% with your assessment: if you design your setup with a down stream amp that can reach full output with the input from the 204HD you have a bargain, hi-fidelity, of a setup if you are on limited funds. For a few $$ more the Topping D30 / 50 would...
  6. Jinjuku

Intrested about I2S format, worth it?

This is the schiit that Paul pulls again and again and again that I can't stomach. It's the worst because he either does, or he should, know better.
  7. Jinjuku

Intrested about I2S format, worth it?

I2S is meant for silicon to silicon, PCB traces, on a PCB board. It's not meant for anything other than that. Most audiophiles refuse to accept this reality.
  8. Jinjuku

What music servers do members use

What is the budget? What are the storage needs?
  9. Jinjuku

A fanless NUC?

That's a good take away. If this is being used for music only and not under any heavy load the fan is a non-issue. You can't hear it. I encourage others to try it out as it's going to save you $$ and not compromise the listening environment. Same for my Crown XLS 1502. It has a fan but darned...
  10. Jinjuku

A fanless NUC?

On which model NUC?
  11. Jinjuku

A fanless NUC?

There are fanless options. There are silent options. Silent can be actively cooled options. The NUC is one of them. It's being discussed in thread as someone may not have $620 for a fanless option. The other Mini PC options like the Minix and all the other knock off Celeron and Atom based...
  12. Jinjuku

A fanless NUC?

The mic can't pic up the NUC at full load with Prime 95 at 3 feet.
  13. Jinjuku

A fanless NUC?

ASR is objective. We are talking about solutions and the NUC is one possible solution. I don't have any measurements but let me get something together if it's that important. **I broke out my SPL Meter, no weighting, the NUC @ idle with the meter 1 inch away was averaging 39/40 dBa. When...
  14. Jinjuku

A fanless NUC?

Correct. Not hearing it is measurable however.
  15. Jinjuku

A fanless NUC?

I've played around with a handful of those and the build quality isn't there with the same as the NUC's. Starters they use cheap foamed, self adhesive, heat sink material to bridge the gap between CPU/RAM and the heat sink. When it's all said and done both are silent and the NUC's simply better...
  16. Jinjuku

Outputing same audio to 2 playback devices on Windows

Install the Realtek HD Audio Package. With that it will install Stereomix. You will be able to then pipe the audio to multiple DAC's. It's what I use to scare people the believe certain, expensive, USB cables will sound different. Because we can in real time direct A/B blind.
  17. Jinjuku

A fanless NUC?

That's a nice industrial unit for sure. If you don't want $620 in spend the $130 J3455 or J4005 based NUC's will operate silently.
Top Bottom