Search results

1. invaderzim

Review and Measurements of Audio-gd DAC19 DAC

Sadly, that is probably true. It also wouldn't look symmetrical if the power socket were on one side and the outputs on the other. I can accept the idea that the boutique brands are going for a 'sound' and that some people search that out and enjoy it. But this just lazy and bad building...
  2. invaderzim

I'm far from being an expert but aren't they supposed to at least twist the mains wire to reduce magnetic field? For that matter even the signal output lines should be twisted too.
  3. invaderzim

Sometimes the picture just looks better with the model in soft focus.
  4. invaderzim

How will we be tailoring sound to our tastes in the future?

I don't tend to dust the concert venue like my living room. Or chase a rabbit around he concert. With the exception of concerts in actual special designed halls I don't really aspire for my home system to sound like a live concert. Live concerts are fun for the experience but rarely sound...
  5. invaderzim

How will we be tailoring sound to our tastes in the future?

I'm waiting for the system that tracks my position and which way I'm facing in the room to continually make adjustments so it always sounds the best.
  6. invaderzim

Review and Measurements of Klipsch PowerGate DAC & Amp

They haven't put any more on ebay but they are selling them on their site still: https://www.paradigm.com/en/wireless/pw-amp They probably got tired of giving paypal and ebay about $40 each time they sold one.
  7. invaderzim

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

It is a lot of money but if it is the last amplifier you buy then it becomes much more of a bargain. The fact that you can get an amp that would leave no room for "I wonder what it would sound like if I upgraded to..." for $3,000 is impressive.
  8. invaderzim

Some "interesting" claims by Pro-Ject re: their new CD transport box...

I am really torn as to how I feel about this. On the one hand the crazy expensive audio is nuts but on the other there are a lot of people that won't buy the inexpensive, quality option simply because it is inexpensive. If you want to reach them and their deep pockets you have to sell the crazy.
  9. invaderzim

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

I've never heard them and I don't know if they test well but the LSiM series of Polk speakers are half off https://www.polkaudio.com/on-sale
  10. invaderzim

Review and Measurements of Emotiva XPS-1 Phono Amp

Although I am quite curious about how it would test, now that I've ordered one I'd rather be ignorant and happy :)
  11. invaderzim

Looking for a tube amplifier references

That is what I keep wondering, since tubes did a lot more than audio back in the day it could easily be some other type of equipment. It does have the one off look.
  12. invaderzim

So, what are recommendable amps below 200$?

thanks, I never understood just how bad they could get. They still have the amps on their site for $224 which is a great deal but less is better :) The review that mi-fu linked to makes me want one even more.
  13. invaderzim

I put in too low of an offer (by $1) and missed one that Paradigm had on Ebay. Hopefully they will put more back on there. I just got one of the same IcePower modules that is in that. It seemed to sound good but my listening was cut short last night by a migraine with side effects I didn't...
  14. invaderzim

Munich Highend 2019

We would probably just end up boycotting most products if we really knew what they cost to make compared to what we pay. Decades ago I worked at a Ford dealership; Ford would have a fair amount of parts shipped directly to us from their manufactures. One day one of the parts had an invoice...
  15. invaderzim

Munich Hi-End

Granted there are super cars that are high quality and the more modern ones are getting better but if you watch a lot of the shows where they actually drive them there are often issues with rattles, squeaks, wind noise, A/C that barely works, transmissions that don't work smoothly and on and on...
  16. invaderzim

Review and Measurements of Klipsch PowerGate DAC & Amp

The key part there being "if" Klipsch sold them to the vendor. Vendors that aren't 'authorized' have a lot of different ways of getting a hold of products. I remember a story a boss once told me about Costco and their 'interceptors' that tracked large shipments from manufactures, that...
  17. invaderzim

Review and Measurements of Pioneer VSX-LX303 AVR

Probably a bit like I do every time my boss replies to one of my complaints about something being bad for customers with a sentence that starts with "people don't care about..."
  18. invaderzim

I've been eying the icepower modules for some time and the case with remote and volume/tone controls makes that a great buy.
  19. invaderzim

Mola-Mola Makua

Those are practically sculptures
  20. invaderzim

When you get it let us know what you think.
Top Bottom