Search results

1. Snarfie

Using Full range speakers as Near Field monitors

Yes because for my personal taste i need no more bass or midrange. The sound is very balanced using this flatline. But if you compare this speakers to my older IMF compact II monitors than i use this graph 90% of the time. See for instance the difference between the two speakers in db range...
  2. Snarfie

Reason to use Mathaudio Room EQ (besides it is freeware) incombination with Foobar2000 as add on is the simplicity as i compare it with REW. you are up an running with a measuring mic in minutes without studying fiters, Mic setups, spl's ete etc. Will have a look at Dirac.
  3. Snarfie

I use about 3 or 4 different set-ups that i prepaird. The grey line is the found reflecions in my room. This is the one i use the most (90%) the flat response. Sometimes (rarely used) with older jazz recordings an some older pop recordings like supertramp i need some lows. I use this to...
  4. Snarfie

Mathaudio room eq. For now the only one i found that let you modify your found frequence respons as you like. I wil posted some graphs in the post from andreasmaan here under shortly.
  5. Snarfie

The mirror methode (first reflection) is used for the side reflections you only can't see the pannels on the side. Tabel reflection is more or less carred for by tilting the speakers into the air by using 3 spikes in a tri angel back spike is lower than the 2 front spikes aming at my ears. By...
  6. Snarfie

Age of Universe - Big Bang theory is childish and wrong

Some weeks ago i was invited at the Delft university Qtech to bring us uptodate regarding the progression to keep quantumbits as long as posible in an entangeld state. The first thing one of the proffesor said about this entangeld state/ superposition was If you think you understand this weird...
  7. Snarfie

Ther you touch a paradox Basicly you think in deterministic way ( as we all do) try to think in a superposition ( which for us is extreem dificult). It is the same thing with 2 dimensional beeings that try to figuer out a maze put the 3th dimension in an you see the way out imediatly. So probaly...
  8. Snarfie

An than to think that your quantum weirdness (particle entanglement or so called Superposition) is already a past station for sceintist like van t' Hooft he is already thinking regarding string theory about Pre Quantum conditions who are possible more weird than particle entanglement.:cool: Ha...
  9. Snarfie

Regarding the Big band an it beginning we can model this process remarkably closely at least until to the very early nanoseconds or less. So basically there was nothing before the big bang is for now an possible conclusion that is very likely. And with the inflationary universe that is...
  10. Snarfie

Bought this weekend a pair of JK Acoustics Optima 3 MKI full range speakers. Reason was that near field monitors could not get me a satisfied feeling regarding the Low. So i combined both near field monitors with sub woofers. The experience was not bad but i had constantly the feeling (despite...
  11. Snarfie

UMIK-1, REW adventure

I'm less than a novice to understand REW (filters how to setup my mic spl etc etc) fully. So when i came across to Mathaudio Room EQ i found the simplicity a relief. I was up an runnig in minutes and the difference was massive an i could adjust the slope to my personal choice don't need specific...
  12. Snarfie

UMIK-1, REW adventure

What are the bennefits using filters. With mathaudio room eq you don't need creating/using filters ( i don't know mabey Mathaudio creat them automaticly on the background) it measure everything between 20 an 20.000 hz an let you self adjust the vertical line by a slide bar. Even so you can...
  13. Snarfie

UMIK-1, REW adventure

Let us know when you do an comparison. With mathaudio room eq the position of your mic in vertical. Depending if you listen close monitoring as i do on a bit more than 1 meter distance i have 9 measuring points each 25 cm apart dead center. I am using Superlux 999ECM mic.
  14. Snarfie

UMIK-1, REW adventure

I did the same with Foobar2000 incombination with the Mathaudio room EQ addon. My impression was that (taking my peronal roomaccoustic in consideration) that lows mids an highs where suddenly inbalance. The problem with my room acoustics is that the higer frequency range from 200 to 20.000 hz...
  15. Snarfie

Do loudspeakers need to image precisely?

Precies also my point. Since my room is more or less treated with absorptions panals incombination with room correction software i can hear now all information in balance. Before Abby Road from the beatles sounded (because of my untreated reflections see picture) not in balance eventualy...
  16. Snarfie

Amplifiers Which Test Well, Under $1,000 USD

NAD C370 as far as i know one of the few amplifiers using a Impedance Sensing Circuit at the time. It raises the power shortly in to 8 ohms from 120 to 210, 340 in to 4 ohms an 450 in to 2 ohms. Thought this technology is quite elegant rasing IHF dynamic power whitout getting to hot. IMO it can...
  17. Snarfie

Do loudspeakers need to image precisely?

For alsmost a 1/2 year i uses roomcorrection software. I played some day's ago a old DVD (5.1 stereo) from Incognito a great live recording for the first time with roomcorrection. It was already great whitout roomcorrection. But than (i realy can dream this DVD) the roomcorrection was on...
  18. Snarfie

The new Star Trek series like Discovery an up coming ST series like Picard an Section31

Bit Off topic probably but can't help it I'm a die hard Trekkie. But if we can discus new Tesla cars we can discuss Star trek is my guess. Some idea's from a more current scientific approacher of upcoming storielines for existing an new Star trek series that i posted earlier on a star trek...
  19. Snarfie

Wrong topic please delete.
Top Bottom