Search results

1. TabCam

Arcam AVR390 AVR Review

Depends on many factors; how much power do your room/speakers need, how much distortion is too much, what new technology dou you need for the foreseeable future, what priice do you want to pay for equipment that gets outdated in say 5 years, etc. Arcam has not been too shabby with firmware...
  2. TabCam

JBL SCL-5 In-ceiling Speaker Review

In-wall/in ceilling should be kind of ideal as flush mounting/infinite baffle has so many diffraction/FR advantages. That to me indicates this speaker measures quite poorly and deserves a headless pink panther.
  3. TabCam

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

As far as I know, the PowerNode doesn't need an external amplifier. The dac output of the Node is not that fantastic. The N130 when combined with a good dac and amplifier will sound a lot better, on well measuring speakers you would most likely hear that.
  4. TabCam

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

I got distortion on some songs when I had replay-gain enabled. Interesting to know that the volume can still be controlled as I experienced difference in sound quality between USB and coax so maybe the volume setting is the culprit as well.
  5. TabCam

Bruno Strikes Again. Purifi 1ET7040SA VTV Amplifier.

The 1ET7090SA seem to be available now st Eval3 module at soundimports.eu.
  6. TabCam

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

You need a separate streamer, I think the Sonos port has digital out so that should be covered. I consider the Flex a preamp/crossover device. You can get the digital version if you want to keep the RME ADI-2 dac but I highly doubt if it is important. For bass management I consider the RME...
  7. TabCam

Can you describe your setup? I know Dirac quite well but never experienced going from 3D to 2D. I have both experienced benefits and detrimental effects from using Dirac Live. Measuring correctly helps a lot and also the type of speakers seem to make a difference. I currently have active open...
  8. TabCam

Topping E30 DAC Review

If it can go wrong, it will go wrong. You could say it is user error but in my opinion it is bad design, plain and simple.
  9. TabCam

Highly unlikely it is native as the digital volume control needs PCM. If the volume control works it is converted to PCM.
  10. TabCam

Measuring 2-channel Buckeye Purifi Amplifier Performance

Sorry, I checked but missed that one, thanks!
  11. TabCam

Measuring 2-channel Buckeye Purifi Amplifier Performance

Hi Rick, nice review. What did you do to filter out ultrasonic normally present in class-d amplifiers?
  12. TabCam

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

There is not that much between the various versions. If you want a multichannel version you could also look at the Apollo Audio offering which has the ET7040SA version beside the regular ET400A also as an option.
  13. TabCam

Replacing the miniDSP SHD

Just a friendly advice. As far as I know, currentday Windows (>8) has a set sample frequency for audio. So all audio get converted to that sample rate. No difference with MiniDSP but just so you know. Windows also updates windows regularly and the reboot can come at unexpected/unwanted times...
  14. TabCam

Minidsp Flex Eight!

You complain about the customer support here too but markofjohnson reveived very nice customer support. You also stated that you waited too long so you cannot return it. If it is the network connection, you should not be able to play anything. Instead you have connection issues with intermittent...
  15. TabCam

Replacing the miniDSP SHD

I probably do not understand your situation correctly. You can plug the TV optical out into the MiniDSP SHD directly as I currently do. That way it can get both DSP but also no DSP depending on your selected preset.
  16. TabCam

Help Me Decide: MiniDSP SHD or Computer+DAC?

That is such a over exaggeration and general statement to make. What problems did you have? I had excellent response from the Dutch MiniDSP representatieve who send me a new remote free of charge when I still had problems with the old remote giving incorrect repeat commands and I am the second...
  17. TabCam

Minidsp Flex Eight!

I have now and I also found the problem. I had switched on the per track replay gain. As soon as I switched it off the pop is gone. The setting also doesn't help for streaming services and I expected it to reduce the gain of loud tracks, not increase the gain for lower volume tracks, my bad...
  18. TabCam

Minidsp Flex Eight!

Yep, MCU 1.52, DSP 1.6. Checked it with both headphones (pop not there) and BlueSound/MiniDSP and at 0:53 a pop is there.
  19. TabCam

Minidsp Flex Eight!

I have sometimes a click/plop and I am still in doubt whether it is the streaming service, Bluesound Node 2i or MiniDSP as I do not have it streaming locally. One track that triggers it is Rosa Lee from Doug MacLeod. At around 51 seconds I hear it only when streaming from Tidal.
  20. TabCam

Minidsp Flex Eight!

I don't want to as long as I there is no reason to do so. I don't think there will be much differences, maybe even the same dac as you could use an 8 channel dac to produce 4 balanced out as well.
Top Bottom