Search results

1. S

Sound United U 30 Update (Denon X3800H / X4800H / A1H, Marantz Cinema 50 / 40 / AV 10)

i also asked them a few questions a couple of month ago and never got an answer. thats also one thing that really holds me back from purchasing anything from them.
  2. S

Sound United U 30 Update (Denon X3800H / X4800H / A1H, Marantz Cinema 50 / 40 / AV 10)

guess i'll wait a bit... when i read this here https://avgadgets.com/i-switched-from-audyssey-to-dirac-and-i-wish-i-hadnt/
  3. S

so in short: the bass management is mostly (except phase correction) to make it more easy to handle the configuration of the bass, but Dirac full can also handle 3 subs, it just needs more configuration/tweaking? I am not sure if i should buy it or wait for DLBC. I have a miniDSP 2x4HD, but...
  4. S

Marantz Cinema 50 AVR Review

also wondering how it behaves when one has multiple subs, is it worth now to buy the license or is this a step back (in comparison to audyssey, which supports on the cinema 50 4 subs)
  5. S

also noticed it now, i thought there is a trial for 1 or 2 weeks, but seems like there is none. dont want to "waste" 350 $
  6. S

combining marantz cinema 50 with topping la90 for tannoy xt8f

why dont you open a new thread? i mean... this thread has _nothing_ to do with your problem
  7. S

i also went for the route with minidsp and MSO first, then audyssey, and the result was worse than audyssey alone. tbh: i would not buy a minidsp. i have the 2x4HD, if you need it and live in EU, write me a PM, i might sell it. It was used once :> i reported my experience also here in the forum...
  8. S

yes no idea of the other questions. I dont think you will actually hear any difference in terms of SINAD.
  9. S

measuring correctly and interpreting the results (some questions...)

I thought the curve was bad. It felt (in the last time) like all bass has been killed by Audyssey. That why i thought i need to go with DSP/MSO. Unfortunately i am very busy atm, i might test bass this evening. My neighbors will be happy :) But it is still miles away from your curve. Not sure if...
  10. S

i made now some measurements... interesting. 1) without Audyssey with DSP 2) without Audyssey without DSP 3) only Audyssey, full with standard settings Guess i wasted time and money for an UMIK, the DSP and MSO :X
  11. S

Marantz Cinema 50 installed

the front feels like aluminium, at least on my silver/gold cinema 50. i will take a look later whats shown in the bullseye. but iirc it was not showing what format/codec is used.
  12. S

wow... i would love to have that curve... not sure if this is possible in my room. i somehow have the feeling i need to add some absorbers/diffusors etc. What did you exactly do in the editor app? i will have a look at ratbuddyssey the next days...
  13. S

Marantz "Cinema Series" "2022-2023" AV Launch Thread

thanks, just went through that, see https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measuring-correctly-and-interpreting-the-results-some-questions.41431/page-2#post-1483428 :(
  14. S

so i used now REW, minidsp and MSO, and this is the result, and it does not look good tbh 1) Audyssey for everything except the subwoofer 2) Audyssey fully turned on Audyssey makes it even worse - this is the main seat position. 4 heavy bass nulls :X. I used marantz<->hdmi<->laptop with REW...
  15. S

i measured now 2 seat positions (couch + main), i use mostly main but sometimes when my back hurts or somebody comes over couch is used. the measurement look so nasty and bad that i am wondering if i can continue with that with MSO now or should i first do something else to improve the...
  16. S

Yeah of course its better, its EQ'd ;) But as mentioned, i'd like to optimize the room as much as possible without Audyssey involved (at first), because when i want to listen without Audyssey (because sometimes it just kills too much bass etc.), i would also like to have a good curve The...
  17. S

here we go, this is now absolute default settings from the audyssey app, with 3 measures from 3 close positions
  18. S

the guys from marantz told me that it (audyssey on the cinema 50) should be able to work with multiple subs perfectly fine, but i also have an umik1 with minidsp available, so i could also try it with MSO. I will later create that audyssey measurement and upload it
Top Bottom