Search results

1. Kachda

Kef R Meta Series Release

Going to be cheeky here and suggest getting the wharfedale Linton for $1700 new including stands. I sold me R3s in favor of them No meta and other fancy technology. But they sound great. But they are big!
  2. Kachda

The list price for R3 in the US seem similar to previous generation. All other models have gone up by 25% or so.
  3. Kachda

A Call For Humor!

There’s a reason I have this guy on my ignore list.
  4. Kachda

But you can't change directivity! So in room, they will sound different even with Eq.
  5. Kachda

A Call For Humor!

I think one guess should suffice ?
  6. Kachda

If this is true, glad i sold my R3 pair a couple of days ago. Prices will definitely go down for they originals I guess
  7. Kachda

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

I don’t have a minidsp flex. And since you claim you have found a significant deterioration in performance when applying filters, I’d assume you’d be interested in posting it here?
  8. Kachda

Kef r3 vs Wharfdale Linton 85 (My comparison)

Updated with my decision to sell the R3 and buy the Lintons
  9. Kachda

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Can you post the measurements?
  10. Kachda

Wharfedale dealers

Does anyone know if wharfedale has dealers in NyC area? One of my friends is interested in getting the lintons, but was wondering if there are dealers for these who can do a deal (like the rumored 30% off for revels through dealers)
  11. Kachda

FS: Revel F208, F206, C208 (new)

Where is “local”?
  12. Kachda

Benchmark AHB2 SVS Purifi amplifier?

Oops. I clicked on the company link, didn’t see the test by wolf
  13. Kachda

Benchmark AHB2 SVS Purifi amplifier?

Is there any independent test of this amplifier? Benchmark is also class AB but with SMPS instead of linear power supply AFAIK
  14. Kachda

The Case Against OLED

It could possibly be because I was using LCD monitors before that. So the 42" Plasma was spectacularly better than anything I had seen before. The improvement to picture quality (if any) from there to OLED doesn't seem as substantial, though of course weight and power savings are much better.
  15. Kachda

The Case Against OLED

I still miss my 42” panasonic plasma. Best colors I ever had on a TV. I recently purchased a 75” mini led TCL and returned it. It used a VA panel and the picture was lousy as soon as you moved a bit off center. And it didn’t look much better than my previous cheap led TV. When my current TV...
  16. Kachda

SOLD: Sennheiser HD 560s / M-audio USB mic

To be honest I didn’t try without the dx3. I was using the dx3 as a preamp on my desktop speakers anyway, so using it as a hp amp also made sense. I’ve already sold the dx3 otherwise i could have done a comparison
  17. Kachda

SOLD: Sennheiser HD 560s / M-audio USB mic

This was my first dac + headphone combo. I never had to go above -18db on the dx3 pro+ even on low gain, so it has more than enough power to drive the headphones. I liked the combo, but ultimately headphone+dac combo wasn’t for me. I’m much more of a speaker person
  18. Kachda

Why is it so hard to purchase a Hypex or Purify amp in USA?

I ordered from March Audio in Australia with no problem, though he does charge a shipping fee on top. However, I believe he only builds Purifi amps now, not Hypex.
Top Bottom