Search results

1. Buckeye Amps

Buckeye 3 Channel Purifi Amp Review

Which also means none of those who chose the speakON upgrade option are affected.
  2. Buckeye Amps

Thanks everyone! It was a very simple fix which is likely how it was overlooked initially (plus the issues with the load resistor when first doing testing and "debugging"). So simple, in fact, I even verified the principle science/theory behind it with Purifi themselves and they backed up what...
  3. Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

OK, not quite THAT easy
  4. Buckeye Amps

So, not ready to call the distortion issue officially fixed, but we are very comfortable that we have found the culprit. We have a few more variables/variations to test to be 100% sure, along with a 3rd party measuring/testing as well, but we can reproduce distortion-free measurements by...
  5. Buckeye Amps

So, not ready to call the distortion issue officially fixed, but we are very comfortable that we have found the culprit. We have a few more variables/variations to test to be 100% sure, along with a 3rd party measuring/testing as well, but we can reproduce distortion-free measurements by...
  6. Buckeye Amps

Finally took decent pictures of the speakON and Rack Case options (people have been inquiring for pictures lately)
  7. Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Finally took decent pictures of the speakON and Rack Case options (people have been inquiring for pictures lately)
  8. Buckeye Amps

Hypex Nilai500DIY Amplifier Review

I’m not going to continue beating the dead horse of a subject regarding online audio listening/testing reviews and how little they should factor into a decision. The only sad thing is how many people will watch such a review who have little to no knowledge/do not participate in objective forums...
  9. Buckeye Amps

The only real way to A/B test two amplifiers is completely blinded, in person, with the ability to switch between the two on the fly without. Otherwise use objective data available to decide on one or the other and trial in your own setup. And this isn’t me replying as a manufacturer. But as...
  10. Buckeye Amps

I did watch the video. But seeing how it wasn’t a properly setup test and I’m not there in person, definitely would not draw any conclusions. But luckily we have Amir to do real objective testing and measurements for us to draw conclusions from that we can then use to weigh a decision to...
  11. Buckeye Amps

Judging how an amp sounds from a YouTube video aside….if someone is going to compare two amps and how the sound in person, at least do a proper blinded A/B test.
  12. Buckeye Amps

Did you not listen to the YouTube video? :p
  13. Buckeye Amps

Klipsch THX - Nilai, purifi, NC252. What would you do?

That being said, with how high the sensitivty is of the Klipsch, an entire NC252MP setup would be more than enough (assuming you also use subwoofers and not playing the LCR full range).
  14. Buckeye Amps

Klipsch THX - Nilai, purifi, NC252. What would you do?

I would NEVER recommend spending more money on something like a Purifi or NCx500 amp on surround channels. Maybe if you listen critically to 5ch music and your surrounds are towers/the same as the LCR. But that's a big maybe.
  15. Buckeye Amps

Enough people have actually made this comment over the last year that they would be interested in VU meters that I feel I should give an official answer: I myself do not plan on offering them as an add on option. However, I do work very closely with @Rick Sykora who does custom work/builds. If...
  16. Buckeye Amps

Just for clarity, not stamped sheet metal. The cases are aluminum
  17. Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Thanks. Also, for 4ohm and above loads, the 1ET400 does measure slightly better FWIW
  18. Buckeye Amps

Microaudio builds one that will provide the full power, which I will be offering as an upgrade during purchase hopefully sometime in 2nd quarter. Regardless of full power or not, the 7040SA is really best suited for sub 4ohm loads. And in that regard, the extra power for 2ohm being lost by...
  19. Buckeye Amps

Will give this a try, thank you! The back panel/case is aluminum and the binding post terminals are gold plated (quick connects are brass)
  20. Buckeye Amps

Still working on it...having an issue with the measurement rig that needs resolved first. May end up renting an AP if it comes to it.
Top Bottom