Search results

1. ZolaIII

How to choose a new TV.

By digging around objective tests and comparations and shopping around this time. Last time about 2~3 years ago I got Panasonic GX810E whit which I am still happy after finding it's Kalman data. It's not much just an entry level (real) HDR with back lit VA panel but Panasonic calibration...
  2. ZolaIII

How to set up high pass filter via pc

You can get away with base unbalanced Flex that's 475$/€, you already have mic and WiiM is cheap enough that you don't really care much about it and works transparent as pass trough Toslink. You don't really need Dirac Live and even if you think you do wait for the update with bass menagement...
  3. ZolaIII

WiiM Mini Toslink out to Flex. Difrence between Flex and 2x4 is in performance, BT...
  4. ZolaIII

Need advice choosing a DAC

Get MiniDSP Flex in a basic unbalanced configuration for around 475$/€ and UMIK-1. Learn to use REW and loop I/O (processor) Flex with your integrated amp. If you decide to go for new integrated amp consider Yamaha R-N803 (as power amplifier and streamer with equal loudness normalization and sub...
  5. ZolaIII

For what? SVS has only unbalanced RCA and Hegel has both (LRX and RCA).
  6. ZolaIII

Sound engineer's monitoring and HiFi + HT system with active Yamaha NS-1000x, multi-subs and FIR QSys processor in a particular and treated room

Real question is what's or how much in convolution kernel (8192 taps FIR EQ). Great room and system by all means.
  7. ZolaIII

That even gets it to mid range AVR territory regarding price at least. I won't even comment about that anymore. Edit: actually Flex version now sounds like a bargain and without Dirac Live (you always can reconsider and wait for bass menagement implementation update) as you will be just fine...
  8. ZolaIII

Huh it's hard for me even to swallow such price and I can't actually recommend it for that reason. Edit: and they lower only 50$ if you don't want mic (UMIK-1).
  9. ZolaIII

Is there some mid ground in MiniDSP offering that has the most with most things you might need/really need for less money?
  10. ZolaIII

I really don't believe you need top of the line one and another UMIK-1 mic (assuming that's what you are using) nor how balanced and optical true LRX will be very useful to you (but I might be wrong).
  11. ZolaIII

OK buddy, enjoy! That whose only general advice regarding parametric EQ-ing. I don't hear much difrence between my main board and ES9018K2M DAC over USB nor the old Burr Brown in my Yamaha.
  12. ZolaIII

Let's see how REW will resolve it. You didn't exactly put sub back on the position red (woofer next to speaker) as it whose. Try to PEQ only main offender peaks and hopefully not more than two or three per driver, forget about one's behind let's say 7 KHz entirely.
  13. ZolaIII

You need to use BW instead of Q for that. Try like this: Peq1: 54 Hz, - 6, BW 0.136 and PEQ2: 78 Hz, - 5, BW 0.136. Edit: BW = 0.136 is close to Q=11 so try with Q 11 (if even that is supported over 5).
  14. ZolaIII

Red, PEQ 43 & 78 Hz on sub. That between 40~50 deap is the room so if you ignore that it's good down to 25 Hz. Is that ported or siled version of SVS 1000 Pro? If it's ported one try putting corks in vents (the foam ones that usually come with speakers/subs or pairs of socks).
  15. ZolaIII

Well I am out of my listening room and in living room for winter so pretty much in for listening it playing worst than I know it can's for a time being.
  16. ZolaIII

Nope learning how to use PEQ and filters along as how to use REW with EQAPO and convoler is what you need now. And it's all for free. Afterwards you can get something such if you still feel a nead for it at all that is.
  17. ZolaIII

Take it slowly and learn, you don't need anything until you learn to use what you already have and even then think twice what you really need and want. MiniDSP whose just example how you can insert DSP filters, crossovers and room correction to/for any input and independently (without much of...
  18. ZolaIII

You don't need DAC which can get that high and as you intend to continue to use PC you don't really need one. Plenty of great performing ones see the ASR review index. Once when you decide to get rid of PC (in the reproduction chain) it's worth checking MiniDSP lines for lots of reasons. For...
  19. ZolaIII

To tell you the truth I am disappointed with SVS 1000 Pro series and SVS as a brand. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linkwitz%E2%80%93Riley_filter This is Linkwitz–Riley. Left is low pass filter and right is high pass one it explains how to cross them and why. Slope is how fast they fall down...
  20. ZolaIII

My apologies seams that series 1000 Pro don't have a high pass filter (deliberately and only software related) at all. The non pro version has fixed 80 Hz one. Anyway put the slope to 24 dB so that it bleeds less in 100 Hz region for now (until you get another 3.5 mm to RCA cable). Seams you...
Top Bottom