Search results

1. Rufus T. Firefly

Is high-resolution audio audible or not audible and a waste of data?

I had a similar experience decades ago when I asked a salesperson about the high pitched noise in their store. She said it was their security system and it was very rare that anyone could hear it. I didn't have a hard time like you do with unwanted noises and quite enjoyed have a what I...
  2. Rufus T. Firefly

The Case Against OLED

I've purchased three TV's in the past two months and spent a considerable amount of time comparing pictures at my local Best Buy. I like Sony's. I'm a huge fan of their Master Series line and was lucky enough to find a 48 inch on massive sale ($799 no sales tax/free shipping) from Crutchfield...
  3. Rufus T. Firefly

End of the audio writers as we know :-)

I don't know, I'd like to play with it but I feel like it already has too much information about me.
  4. Rufus T. Firefly

NAD C658 Streaming DAC Review

Are you going to use Dirac?
  5. Rufus T. Firefly

Kef R3 meta?

Hopefully we'll see that in the US soon.
  6. Rufus T. Firefly

Making the move to small active lifestyle gear

No worries and thanks, I kinda figured that would be the setup and true to my suspicions I dont think there is a chance I could sell those speakers to the better half.
  7. Rufus T. Firefly

Getting back to the wife variable, I'm not sure the Genelecs will pass muster.
  8. Rufus T. Firefly

I'd love to see a pic of the setup.
  9. Rufus T. Firefly

We just bought a new (old) house and I'm going through these contortions as well. The stereo is in a "media" room on the third floor and as much as I had intentions of being up there all the time I'm finding that I'm not and if I'm not I'm pretty sure dragging others up there will be an even...
  10. Rufus T. Firefly

Why isn't there a product in the genre of NAD C658, Mini DSP SHD, Cambridge CXN that isn't a POS?

Thanks for the input. I’m glad it’s working out for you. Most of my worry comes from reading reviews, here and on other forums Like AVS. To start it’s not recommended on measurement and there seems to be a lot of other problems with subwoofer signal strength, level matching and integration...
  11. Rufus T. Firefly

Why isn't there a product in the genre of NAD C658, Mini DSP SHD, Cambridge CXN that isn't a POS?

Also, and I'm not trying to argue for arguments sake but I keep asking myself why you came to the conclusion above? Have you read the review threads in their entirety? Do you have personal experience with the gear? Cheers
  12. Rufus T. Firefly

The C658 has the feature set I desire, and more. The CXN lacks Dirac and the SHD could be more lay person friendly. However after reading the threads here on these problems all of them are fraught with pitfalls. I'm looking for a unit to be the quarterback of my 2.1, something that measures...
  13. Rufus T. Firefly

Honestly I may have read about every post here regarding these offerings (and others) with the intention of updating my system and man is it depressing. I posted this here before but it's as if these products come here to die.
  14. Rufus T. Firefly

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

Is it just my analysis paralysis or is ASR where all products go to die albeit quickly or slowly?
  15. Rufus T. Firefly

Why is a 12v trigger not standard on audio equipment?

I was just reading in an AVR thread about how auto on/off can be a problem with subs being sent a too weak signal. I can see where that would be super annoying.
  16. Rufus T. Firefly

Why is a 12v trigger not standard on audio equipment?

Auto on/off would be fine. I don't know just seems to me like it's no brainer, a common modern day convince that saves electricity.
  17. Rufus T. Firefly

Cambridge Audio CXN V2 Measurements (Streamer & DAC)

Thank you @VintageFlanker for the review. I am currently in the market to update my old pre and amp system and I'm looking for a device that will be used mainly to stream Spotify, use with my television (2.1) and an older Cambridge Azur CD player (640?). On a side note that player has the twin...
Top Bottom