Search results

1. MaxBuck

Reasons to doubt your noggin

Wives can do that.
  2. MaxBuck

Brand You Covet

If I had $20k disposable to spend on speakers, I'd want to at least seriously audition the following, in my home listening space: Dutch & Dutch 8C Genelec 1235A and 8361A Neumann KH420 Sigberg Manta Mesanovic RTM10 Kii Three GGNTKT M2 Philharmonic BMR HT Tower Focal Sopra 2 Magico A5 KEF LS60...
  3. MaxBuck

Focal Aria with Polk Legend centre?

Is that a Sub Woofer in the photo?
  4. MaxBuck

Advice wanted: Taking over an HiFi Store

A friend of mine had a hifi store for many years. Morphed into a home theater store. Damn good thing his wife is a money manager with strong 6-figure+ income to offset his losses. He's retired now; she isn't. I'm quite certain their net income has doubled.
  5. MaxBuck

Wine thread - what are you enjoying?

I really dislike them, since you asked. :oops:
  6. MaxBuck

Does it make sense to recommend integrated amps any more?

I've never thought "integrated" amplifiers were a good idea. But that's just me.
  7. MaxBuck

Wine thread - what are you enjoying?

Just finished a bottle of Duckhorn 2019 cabernet. Delicious. I have to say, though, that I'm increasingly dismayed at the decision by many California producers to release cabernet very early - as young as two years after harvest (Caymus 2020 has been available for several months now)...
  8. MaxBuck

Most aesthetically pleasing amplifiers

I have to admit I kind of like the looks of darTZeel and Dan D'Agostino stuff, though I'd never allow it in my system.
  9. MaxBuck

NAD M23

It occurred to me, while re-reading this thread, to ask myself whether I'd take the M23 in trade straight-up for my C298. And I wouldn't. It wouldn't be worth the time and hassle of removing and replacing the speaker and input interconnects. The M23 is certainly prettier, though. ETA: I...
  10. MaxBuck

NAD M23

I'm so happy you think so.
  11. MaxBuck

Any of y'all ever tripped a breaker?

If you've ever owned a SAE MkIIIC power amplifier, you've probably tripped a breaker. I owned one. So, there's your answer.:oops:
  12. MaxBuck

AUDIOPHILES: Are We Buying "THINGS" or "EXPERIENCES?"

Whenever this business of "pride of ownership" comes up, my brain fogs over a bit. To the extent I have pride about anything in my life, it's entirely unrelated to anything I own. It may be accomplishments, it may be care for less fortunate people, it may even be living life ethically (as I...
  13. MaxBuck

GR Research B24 AC Cord Review

I regard having my posts flagged "for moderator review" on other audiophile sites as a badge of honor. And one site banned me altogether. This site is another matter entirely.
  14. MaxBuck

Is the entire audio industry a fraud?

Thank you for the explanation. Guys like you are what make this site so great - and Amir, of course! :)
  15. MaxBuck

OK, but what does it DO?
  16. MaxBuck

What exactly does it do? Can it be explained without reference to either Niels Bohr or Max Planck?
  17. MaxBuck

USB C RECOMMENDATION

In all honesty, I've had such poor experiences with longevity of USB cables that I can't really criticize people who buy "audiophile" USBs simply in the hopes of finding something they don't need to replace in 6 months.
  18. MaxBuck

Theoretica Applied Physics BACCH-SP adio Stereo Purifier Uh-huh.
  19. MaxBuck

Bluesound Node vs Volumio primo

Since one can easily control the Node using a dirt cheap Android tablet, this reasoning has never made sense to me.
Top Bottom